BC Boards

Cody likes to "help"

Yesterday I worked in the yard trimming trees and bushes . Cody watched me carefully and tried to help whenever he thought it was possible. I was carrying a large armful of limbs to the front curb - thought I was snagged on something, looked down and it was Cody pulling on limbs out of my pile. Told him I had it - "now lets go" and off we went. Climbed down the river bank to clear scrub - Cody who normally stays away from this part of the yard tied to follow. I told him to go back - he went to behind the fencing and watched me. He makes me laugh - like a little old man watching and worrying. By the end of the day he was exhausted. Does anyone elses dogs "help" with jobs not asked of them?

That is one of Dean's endearing qualities. Whatever you do, he wants to be involved.

He "helps" me load up the dishwasher by throwing toys in there!

He always wants to go with me or my husband when one of us goes outside to close a gate or roll the trash down to the road or get wood for the fireplace from the woodshed. You can tell he feels like those things are his job.

He also likes to help with sorting and folding laundry. He sits on the piles as they grow!!

He's a very sweet helper. My other dogs have all outgrown tagging along after me like he does and I really enjoy his constant companionship while I do chores around the house.

Kestrel thinks he's helping - his favorite thing (I'm almost embarrassed to admit) is to put his paws on the counter's edge when I'm doing something on our kitchen island or at my desk! Maybe he just likes to supervise lol.

Ya, Daisy likes to "help" too. When loading the dishwasher, she pre-rinses the plates, when folding laundry she lays on my bed in the middle of the sock pile and looks for "strays", those then get moved to the living room and stored on her bed. When cooking she checks the counter to make sure I cleaned everything up. But her favorite activity is to follow me around the house to make sure I'm not going to be doing anything fun! My mom lives in my basement and she likes to go down there and make sure there are no stray paper towels laying around!

Izzy likes to pick the pine cones up from the backyard, she pretty much puts them in a pile and leaves them there. Her newest venture is weeding the flower beds....she just doesn't know the difference between flowers and weeds quite yet... :rolleyes: