BC Boards

Seeks first time herding!!

sixx

Seek finally had her first herding session! I was up all night hoping it would go well. I hardly got any sleep 'cause I was so nervous. :rolleyes: I had been looking forward to this and was hoping she would be a working dog, and keep the bc name alive.

Today was the day... Seek had her first herding session.

We tried her out on 3 rounds with breaks in between. Before we started my friend told me his border collie was scared of the sheep and at one point could fall asleep on top of them (sorry jeff)..... so that made me even more nervous.

The first round she had no confidence and nothing really happened, she mostly walked around eating poop... I was a little worried. Then during the second round she started to eye them a bit, a little improvement, but had me wondering if she had any herding instinct in her. Then on the third round she got right into action. I was so excited and proud of her. :D I could believe how she flipped into work mode. It almost shocked me. I'm not quite sure what all the handling techniques are yet since this was my first herding session too, but I will be learning.

Please check out this video of her in action.

P.S. You can all laugh at me being scared of the sheep, haha! I was kind of a wimp, but like I said... this was my first time too. Any comments would be appreciated and helpful. Thanks!

She looks good to me! Be careful... this is very addictive! :rolleyes::D

Thanks! Addictive I'm sure, I am hooked:)

Addictive and very expensive.

And just tons of fun. And really good exercise for people and dogs.

Good exercise for sure, she loves the mental stimulation and exercise. It feels really good to get her mind thinking and on something new. Lots of fun for both of us.

Hi Seek from Emma

Seek says aaaoooaooaoaoao to Emma.... it's her crazy howl cry.

Jeff, that picture is so funny!! That captures the feel exactly of the first two rounds. See you today!

SOOOOOOOOOO so proud of Seek - - she did excellent!!!! She really settled in nicely!

Too bad you couldn't cover up my BIG mouth with some music! LOL! :D

Geez big mouth! Just kidding :rolleyes: I actually like hearing what you said.. it's helpful. I can try to put music over the video for other listeners enjoyment :D I was just watching the video again on youtube and Seek crawled up next to me and watched it. I was laughing so hard. She was so focused on it... like she was learning from her mistakes. Ha ha! She also did that with the tv when I had the 2x2 video in.

Thanks for being there Maggie, made it easy. Seek adores you so much!

Seek did awesome!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Indeed, send the pics. I can't wait to see them.