BC Boards

Water But no Ball

Ok i found out that Blaze is around 8months old instead of 4, which is ok... I have tried getting her to chase a tennis ball, but she saw my son spraying a spray bottle of water and wanted to chase it instead. How do i get her interested in the ball. She just watches it go, doesnt want to chase it or anything. Now dust particles are another thing, she loves to chase them. Im trying to keep her occupied, but she kinda got sick. She had diarrhea, i was so worried that she may have parvo, but vet says no, i gave her pepto bismal.. She is still her goofy lovable self. I was very worried about her, I got her vaccinations this morning along with boosters for my other dogs.

Anyway, any help would be great. She just wants to chase everything but the ball. LOL

Dust motes and water, sounds familiar. Surra was nuts for both of those and flashlights. Try weaning him away from dust motes with kids bubbles. Surra would also chase a ball but he was OCD for Frisbees so you might try that. I don't have any other suggestions.

She just wants to chase everything but the ball. LOL

I taught my older Border Collie to play ball with a sock. He was interested in socks, but not balls.

I put a ball in a sock and started tossing it around. At first he would only chase it, but once he started to pick it up, we quickly turned it into a retrieving game.

Once we had done that for a while, I removed the ball from the sock and he understood that it was really the ball he wanted to play with.

When I first adopted my dog, he refused to play with a ball, but he would play with other things, like sticks (dangerous--we don't do sticks anymore), rope toys, frisbees. Maybe Blaze would like some other kind of toy.

ETA: Maybe try a different kind of ball, too. The first ball Lok ever played with was a big purple squeaky one.

She chased the frisbee... She didnt get it, just chased and sniffed, but its a start, she was interested in it, im so happy. I have a rope toy to and im gonna try it also.. Im debatiing on taking Blaze with us or not, we are going canoeing, and we are taking the little malti/pom i have, but im not sure if Blaze is ready. Im sure she would love it, but im worried that it might be to much for her right now.. Idk.... Im just happy she chased the frisbee. She also got on the bed on her own.. she was scared at first whenever i would pull her up, but now she will hop right up with my little dog Gizmo.. She is making progress... Im going to start taking her on long walks, then when she is big enough jogging, ive always wanted a jogging partner, and i think she will love it.. Well im off to work... Good Day Everyone....