BC Boards

Oh No, She Ate Soap

I had thrown out the small remains of a Coast soap bar this morning, wrapped in the wrapper of the new bar. I noticed the empty wrapper lying on the floor by the wastebasket later but didn't pay too much attention because the tile guy had been working there. I thought he might have tipped over the wastebasket, since the wrapper had been right on top. Wrong! On the way back from the vet (where she got a clean bill of health, no pun intended), Cheyenne tossed her cookies on the passenger front seat. When I went to clean it up, I thought it had a familiar smell. Then, I saw the two small remains of the soap bar. She's fine now, but I'm going to have to watch that wastebasket. She does pull a kleenix out now and then, so no more opportunities for "snacking."

We have to do the same thing. All garbage cans have covers or are in a cupboard. We also have to keep soap out of his reach. He's eaten it before and didn't throw it up at all. If I hadn't found the remains of a bar of soap I would have never known.

Bailey will eat bars of soap if he can get to them. I really can't see how a bar of soap can taste good to a dog. Bailey has eaten rather large chunks of soap and didn't suffer any ill effects.

It must be that time of the year. I just chased BJ out of the tub yesterday when I heard a clunking sound. He had taken the bar of soap from the holder and was starting to eat it. The clunking sound was him dropping it in the tub. If he'd been more quiet he wouldn't have been caught. :rolleyes: