BC Boards

Spring Blows In... Windows Open... BARK BARK BARK

::Sigh::

Every year, I forget how much Buddy forgets about noises that come in the house when the windows are open. It always takes him a couple weeks to get used to the new louder noises created by the happy people lounging about outdoors after huddling in their houses all winter.

Little girls are out playing in their yards, letting out occasional shrieks. Kids are riding their bikes zooming past my front windows. Delivery trucks are delivering. And everything ticks Buddy off. I don't know if MY nerves can take it.

Mary

We used to live in the middle of several hundred acres of blueberry fields. And our landlord who we lived about 15 feet away runs a dog rescue so typically had anywhere between 8-25 dogs at her house. Right before the berries are ready for harvest up to the time that they quit harvesting they set off berry bombs. Most are timed and very in different sounded firework noises, then they also had two employees who would chase the birds around the fields firing off gun shots and such. This would start just before sun up and continue until just after sun down. Even after our dogs got use to most of the noises after a few weeks, the different rescues coming and going next door never got a chance to so about every 5-8 minutes several bark alarms would go off, which would then usually start several more...oh gosh, just thinking about it makes me jumpy :rolleyes: