BC Boards

Kirra and I have an agility brag

Haven't been on the boards much lately - life is busy with working 4 days a week to support my dog habit :D , teaching at dog club, training and running agility and going to a Greg and Laura Derrett seminar, and raising my now 6 month old pup, Rory, who is doing a great job of filling the gap in our lives left by the sudden death of my goofy Fergus last October.

Anyway - this agility year has started really well for us - our Q rate is still nowhere near Pat W's :rolleyes::D - but is improving and our DQ rate is going down. But best of all, this year Kirra has finished her Masters titles in Agility and Jumping, has finished her Novice Snooker dog title, and has got her Open Agility Dog title for the second time (has a distance challenge, similar to gamblers.) And she's collected another couple of Masters passes towards her second multiple. Good little dog.

I'm finally finding course analysis and planning getting easier, and sometimes I'm even able to implement my plan :D - much to Kirra's delight. And sometimes I can on the spur of the moment default to plan B and rescue a run.

I was really interested in the discussion about 4OTF /1RTO contacts, since I'm going to have to work out what I teach Rory when the time comes - thanks for that thoughtful discussion. One of the good things about Krira's work lately has been that she's been getting her contacts - good old point and pray (sort of mixed with targetting to the ground at the end) finally worked :D - but I know I have to do better with the little big man.

LOL That Q rate was for that trial believe me there have been many many where I might have been 1 for 9 or 0 for 9 hehehe. Then there are the days where my 14 yr old daughter and her dog just blow me out of the water...try living with that on the way home :rolleyes:. I was just tickled pink that Whim did so well and you should be too with your girlie. Even if you dont come home with a Q or placement and you've had a run where you achieved what you wanted...ie got all your contacts, or maintained your startline...those are brag worthy too. I love those runs where despite the fact that you didnt place or maybe even Q but the run felt great. Being "In the Zone" with your dog is an incredible feeling.