BC Boards

Blue seal foods???

Dal & Mad's Mom

I was just in my local hardware/feed store and they had the higher end blue seal foods. The ingredients didnt look bad. Does anyone use them with their dogs? Most were priced around 29 dollars for 40lbs so they were reasonable too compared to the local snooty Pet supplies plus which I swear is over raising the higher end foods. I think canidae is now over 40 dollars a 40lb bag. 2 years ago on a good sale that was 20 for 40lbs.

I used blue seal with my last dog. She liked it and we had no issues with it. I don't use it now because They don't sell it where I live in WY. I haven't seen a bad in awhile, so I'm not sure what the ingredients are, but I know their products are very well liked in the farm world for stock and such.

I just looked up the ingredients. I'm not impressed. All their dog food has corn as one of the main ingredients and corn glueten as a close second. Also, much of their meat is meal and not whole animal products. Have you looked at Diamond Lanb and Rice? They are fairly inexpensive and you can find it most feed stores.

I just looked up the ingredients. I'm not impressed. All their dog food has corn as one of the main ingredients and corn glueten as a close second. Also, much of their meat is meal and not whole animal products. Have you looked at Diamond Lanb and Rice? They are fairly inexpensive and you can find it most feed stores.

Not the ones I looked at today. They were lamb meal and rice, pork and barley, one was pork and sweet potato although that contined barley so I cant imagine why it would be allergy free like the bag said. All did not contain corn which was what caught my eye. They contained the veggies/fruits of the good foods. I thought they at least looked as good as say diamond naturals.

During a snow storm I had to buy purina one. If you wanted to see dogs eat food. That was gone in 5 days for 20lbs.

I get a 50 pound bag of Diamond High Energy for 20 bucks. Cannot beat it when you have 6-10 dogs at any given time. We buy 100 to 200 pounds at a time.

Never heard of Blue Seal.

Katelynn

That here appears to only be carried at pet supplies plus (the schmantzy pretend to be a boutique seller.) They charge extra for it since it's special. I think the price is near 35. I've bought diamond naturals for my dogs instead. 32.00

The dogs are the rescue eat really good too they get vet diets from our food bank. currently it's royal canin which we/they like.