BC Boards

Crufts Dog Show

Journey

Yay!

I like this bit from Pedigree:

"The Pedigree brand has evolved and we are prioritising initiatives that support the broadest possible community of dog owners such as our successful programme to help homeless dogs – The Pedigree Adoption Drive – and our online service for breeders."

But this was my favourite:

"Club officials also released the first of some new breed standards, for the Pekingese, which has been bred to have a flat face. This can lead to breathing problems, and the Club said under the new health plan the breed will be required to have a defined muzzle."

Yes, a defined muzzle might not be a bad idea. Perhaps legs would help too.

Yes, a defined muzzle might not be a bad idea. Perhaps legs would help too.

Legs and a muzzle? You want too much! Next you'll be suggesting that English bulldogs have heads porportional to their body size so that they are able to give birth naturally.

Pedigree was a major sponser of our local agility comps but they seem to be gradually withdrawing their sponsorship over the last year and wrote to our club recently withdrawing their sponsorship of our major local trials because of prioritising their iniatives, so maybe it is part of their overall plan.

Particularly in these economic times, I think a number of events/organizations are finding sponsorship difficult to obtain and keep. While the article links this to two other withdrawals of assocation that were apparently directly related to the documentary, the following quote leads me to think that this is simply (or largely) an economic decision, not necessarily an ethical one: "We look forward to working with The Kennel Club on other projects in the future." Let's hope that ethics did play some part in the this decision.