BC Boards

SoCal Novice/Novice Fun Trial

I'm planning a N/N Fun Trial here in northern San Diego county on Saturday, November 22nd. Please email me for entries and info,

thanks,

A

anna@stockdogranch.com

Wish you could make it, too! I sure don't miss the weather back that way :rolleyes: ,

A

I'm planning a N/N Fun Trial here in northern San Diego county on Saturday, November 22nd. Please email me for entries and info,

thanks,

A

anna@stockdogranch.com

Hey Anna,

I sent your email to a bunch of my students :@) I think you made a lot of people happy.

Throw in a PN class and I'll be there with a young dog :~)

Thanks for spreading the word, Candy. I've already heard from several people. I'm starting with N/N only, but if there's time at the end of the day, we can do some fun runs with P/N dogs, too,

A

thanks,

A

anna@stockdogranch.com

As a favor to Anna I am hosting entry forms for her Novice/Novice trial on my club's website at www.antelopevalleystockdog.com (Should be a hyperlink if I did it right - otherwise cut and paste t your address bar. There are hyperlinks to entry forms in MS Word, Word Perfect and Adobe PDF format. They are publishing right now and should be available no later than noon October 27.

You may have to scroll down a bit on the home page as we also held our club letters that shall not be mentioned trial this weekend and I have to put info re results up there later. The story will remain near the top of the home page though. There are also links to send an email directly to Anna or me for an entry form.

The event will also be added to our club coming events page where I try to keep current with all Southern California or reasonable driving distance USBCHA, AHBA and letters not to be mentioned trials in a convenient table format with links to entry forms when available.

Thanks, Pat. And a quick update--I'm sure we will have time after the morning and afternoon N/N only trials, so will be doing "fun runs" with whatever level dog you have after that, until we run out of daylight or I get sick of setting sheep :rolleyes: .

A

Thanks, Pat. And a quick update--I'm sure we will have time after the morning and afternoon N/N only trials, so will be doing "fun runs" with whatever level dog you have after that, until we run out of daylight or I get sick of setting sheep :D .

A

Do you want a "sent in" entry or just "day of" entry for PN dogs? :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Just a follow up on this Novice/Novice Fun trial. It came off Saturday and was greatly enjoyed and appreciated by all.

It is so hard sometimes to find Novice trials that we should try to support them whenever possible.

Anna is talking about repeating this every couple months so keep your eye open.

Now if Maggie would just learn the difference between the sheep still in the set out pen and those already set out . . . Oh well. :rolleyes:

Hey, she certainly figured it out nicely on her second run, mister!

Yes she did. So she does learn. :rolleyes:

Actually I was very happy with the first run when she called back and then found the right sheep with the redirect.

Hope everyone had fun. Looking forward to the next one.

Do yo know you got second on the second go? I think the judge has your check,

A

Do yo know you got second on the second go? I think the judge has your check,

A

No I did not know. I knew it was a nice run though.

Strangely there are some parts of the first run I am actually happier with because she did some things - a little bit of driving and taking a redirect - that she has not done before.

If you are around this weekend I may try to get down Sunday to walk around behind some sheep. Depends a little bit on family holiday comittments.