BC Boards

2009 National Sheepdog Finals

bcollie

Congratulations to all at the 2008 National Finals and to those who worked so hard putting it on. I was unable to attend but it sounds like it was a great event. It was extra special being able to sit at home and take part vicariously through Pearse's blogs.

Now that the 2008 Finals is over, we would like to start promoting and providing info on next year's venue. The dates will be September 22-27, 2009 at the Running Y Ranch near Klamath Falls, Oregon. This is the same field as it was on in 2001 but hopefully this year the government won't cut off the irrigation water so that we will have a pretty green field without the dust like we had in 2001. The beginnings of the web page can be found at http://www.nationalsheepdogfinals.com . The extra pages aren't up and running yet but will be shortly. Anyone interested in helping out please contact either myself or Amy Coapman.

Hope to see everyone in a little over a year!

Thanks

Geri

I'd been thinking of that very thing, Diane. I'd be happy to work again with the "consortium" of folks (and any newcomers who would like to participate) who contributed to fund four sponsorships (matched by four more from Herbert Holmes) for the 2008 Finals.

I'd like to sponsor with what little I can do. It's not too far from my "roots" and I think that donations last time were well appreciated. However, you know I'm a Helsley groupie and would love to sponsor him. I am already circling my 2009 calendar in hopes that I can attend (as a watcher) I'd love to meet a lot of you on the boards. I'll be the shaky one- hard to miss. LOL.

• 2 months later...

You can now purchase Handler Sponsorships for the 2009 National Sheepdog Finals on our web page at http://www.nationalsheepdogfinals.com/ . Just click on sponsorship. Between now and March 1, 2009, you will be able to pick the handler and dog you want (as long as they are not already spoken for). Just add your 1st and 2nd choice in the comments field if ordering by PayPal. Or you contact me by email at geri@bcollies.com. If your selected dog does not end up going to the finals, you will be able to change dogs at a later date. Thanks and be sure and order today so that you can get the dog of your choice.

Geri

• 2 months later...

I have received almost all the checks for this year's sponsorships and will be sending out my check and the sponsorship information very shortly. I am only waiting on two checks to come in and one is from KY, so I won't wait on that one but will send all in as soon as I receive that check.

I have gotten commitments to sponsor three handler/dog teams at the 2009 Sheepdog Finals (and three for the 2009 Cattledog Finals, counting Nicole's Stockdog Journal sponsorship). So, overall that is two more sponsorships than last year when we only did Sheepdog Finals, but spread out over both finals, and also not matched as they were last year.

I guess it's a sign of the economic times, but every bit helps, right?

Maybe someone could video Melanie in her Vanna persona?

I have gotten offers for two more $25 so, if three additional people would like to add their names to the list and send a check, that raise another (the fourth) sheepdog sponsorship.

I have to have all these sent in prior to March 1st to get our sponsored teams covered. My goal is to send in what I have as soon as I receive that check I am waiting on and, if we get another one covered, I will send that in once it's accomplished. I do not want to wait past Feb 16th to get all sent off.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed!

I won't be running a dog, but I'd like to attend. Need a volunteer? Can I be Vanna again? :rolleyes:

I would love your help this year!!! If you email me at lora@rockingdogranch.com , I will get you on the volunteer schedule. Besides "Vanna".... let me know what else you would be interested in doing and what days you think you would be there! The Finals web site has a pretty comprehensive list of things that need done.

Thanks!!!!

I guess it's a sign of the economic times, but every bit helps, right?

Yes Sue.....EVERY bit helps and is VERY much appreciated!

Our goal is to get all 150 open teams sponsored as well as all the nursery teams.

Thank you all, very much, for your help with the 2009 National Sheepdog Finals!

Hey Lora, email sent.

If it's at the Running Y I might be able to convince the husband that we should take an anniversary vacation for the Finals -- looks pretty swanky and it'll be just over a year since our wedding. If I come alone I'll probably camp if there's a spigot I can stick my head under in the mornings.