BC Boards

Sudden Constant Barking

The last few days Scooter has suddenly started barking out of the blue, for no apparent reason. Very loud and for a full minute or so without stopping. Usually, if he's barking, he's running to the door or looking for the noise, but this is just barking. The usual "no bark" doesn't work. He does have an ear infection which we're treating with drops from the vet. Could he be in pain? Very out of character for him. :rolleyes:

Poor Scooter - it sounds like he doesn't feel good about something! If he has tinnitus from the ear infection it might make him want to make noise. I hope he feels better soon!

Poor Scooter - it sounds like he doesn't feel good about something! If he has tinnitus from the ear infection it might make him want to make noise. I hope he feels better soon!

That's what I was thinking. I've had my share of ear infections and know how painful they can be. Or as you said, tinnitus. Probably some weird sensations in his ears, which is why he isn't searching the house for the noise he's hearing--it's inside his head! I hate it when he's sick. :D He's such a sweet boy. :rolleyes:

Just in case. You never know!

http://www.bordercollie.org/boards/index.p...c=20382&hl=

Mary

Could be. We've had chipmunks in the garage this summer and something in the walls a few years ago that died. :rolleyes: Horrible odor. In the kitchen walls, no less. Ended up using one of those plug in deodorizers till it finally went away. Seemed to take forever! He's hearing something--real or imagined. Hope these drops work soon. He's still kind of dragging around. :D