BC Boards

show us your favorite T-shirts

I am totally tacky and getting to the age where I don't care what anyone might think about it. My "uniform" for farm and work is jeans and a tee. I keep my Border Collie tees for "dress up". I think there's a reason why they don't let me out very often.

LOL! Sue, I'm with you on that one. My only problem right now is I still have to appear presentable to go to my paying job!! I'd much rather be in my farm clothes :D As for Border Collie tees, I have one from the Canadian championships in 2006 and one for the Ontario Border Collie club. I'll probably pick up a couple more this year.....oh....and let's not talk about my sundry and assorted baseball caps!! :rolleyes:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, yeah, but - what do y'all do about those attractive tan lines half-way down your arms? :rolleyes: I'm already going through bronzing gel like crazy trying to get my feet the same color as my legs! :D

:D

Sally, Sally, Sally,

Don't you own any redneck wifebeater-type t-shirts (otherwise known as tank tops)? Of course that just leaves tan lines in different places (but at least not halfway down the arm)! I've been known to work around the farm in just a jog bra if it's hot enough and I'm not dealing with hay or something else prickly. I have multiple tan lines on my legs from different length shorts, as well as tan lines on my ankles and feet, depending on whether I'm doing light work in clogs or nastier work that requires muck shoes (with or without socks). Want to talk tacky? Just picture the wife beater (probably with a jog bra underneath), a pair of shorts of some variety, short white socks of some sort, and muck shoes. May have ball cap on head or not. Not a fashionista for sure, but I sure don't cry over ruined clothing, either.

Mary,

Like you I hate shopping, period. I especially hate clothes shopping. When I am forced to buy clothing for work I make sure it's something classic that can still be worn 10 years from now (yes, I still wear stuff I wore that long ago when I was still working in DC). Of course, I've largely solved the problem by getting my boss to agree to let me work at home most of the time, so I rarely have to come up with something suitable for work anymore. But even when I did have to buy work-suitable clothes on a regular basis, shopping online from trusted sources (as in I liked their stuff and knew what sizes fit me) was how I managed.

As for going out in public, I figure as long as I'm clean and neat and not wearing anything that would completely embarrass my friends or my friends' children, then I'm doing okay. The $$ I save NOT shopping for the latest fashions goes back into my farm!

J.

I'm with Julie. I have lots of T-shirts (and ball caps and a few jackets) from various trials. I wear them around the place here, and if they get ruined, oh, well. When it gets warm enough, I switch from the T-shirt to the wife-beater (in assorted colors), which eventually gets rid of the farmer tan on the arms. Not only do I not like shopping for clothes, I have no money for it, anyway. I buy everything from catalogs, and get my Wranglers at $18.99 each if I order at least 3 pair at a time (men's are cheaper and fit better, anyway). I order my "nice" shirts from there, too (100% cotton western-style) usually from the clearance section, and I wear those to trial in and to the day job (universities are cool that way--it's OK to be eccentric), and even my boots come from the catalog.

Geez--I don't get out much...

A

I have multiple tan lines on my legs from different length shorts, as well as tan lines on my ankles and feet, depending on whether I'm doing light work in clogs or nastier work that requires muck shoes (with or without socks)

Julie, I don't feel so alone anymore :D As for stylish, thankfully my place is isolated from the nearest neighbour so I don't feel too bad heading out to the duckhouse in my housecoat and rubber boots :rolleyes: