BC Boards

show us your favorite T-shirts

I don't technically HATE animal clothing. But I will admit, it's not the kind of thing I would typically buy for myself. But this is my favorite sweatshirt, bought by my father for Christmas last year. You can see why. :D

shirt.jpg

smRiverStand-1.jpg

Mary

Hey! That's pretty neat! :rolleyes:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no, I'm no longer going to feel the love from RDM!!! :D If I give you Lark will you love me again? :rolleyes:

Actually my favorite dog-related t-shirts are all shirts from trials. And one from MABCR ("obsessively-compulsively rescuing border collies since 1998") that I bought because it's a good cause. And then there's my collector-edition AK Dog Doc designed "Raven's Flight Crew" t-shirt. If I had to pick an absolute favorite, okay actually two favorites, they would be the Carol Campion-designed (I think it was Carol) "S is for S.H.E.E.P." shirt that was used as a fundraiser during the FMD crisis in the UK, and the follow-on "S is for Sheepdog" t-shirt.

Of course, I don't go out in public all that much, so most of these shirts are worn around the farm...

Oh, and how could I forget: the sleeveless t-shirt with my avatar image on it, created by Henry K!

J.

It's not necessarily a border collie shirt, but it is a dog-related shirt. This is not my actual shirt, but I have one like it. The weird thing is, I think I bought this shirt prior to adopting Skittles. So much for that!

shirt.jpg

LOL Mary, I love it :rolleyes: I think Chris would love it (not to wear, just the message :D ) - he always picks on Ouzo's craziness.

I only have one dog t-shirt, and it's at least 12 years old, it has random paw prints over the front, as if I was just stamped by a muddy dog and it says "I Love My Dog". I got it on my first trip to US, I was missing my old Blackie too much, and she was home in Bucharest. So every time I wear it now (exclusivly to the dog park), I think of her and smile.

I agree- for the most part I think animal-related T-shirts look fairly tacky, especially if they're the iron-on type, but if you've got one with either a small design or a very simple design (not like a bajillion colors) they are perfectly fine, when worn in moderation. The fundraiser and event T-shirts are acceptable too!

I have one that fits Usher to a Tee. No pun intended. It says on the front- Talk to the paw. One the back it says "cuz the ears ain't listening". I am the tacky old lady in the border collie shirt.

Man, I guess I am one tacky bum then :rolleyes: I have about 7 BC t-shirts. Three WBCR shirts, Two are event shirts, one BC ish adoption drive shirt, and one is a club shirt, but still mostly BC :D I would love to get a "talk to the paw" shirt. Where did you find it?

The first time I wore my "I said 'that'll do'" sheepdog tee-shirt to a lesson, I managed to have a sheep use me for a launching pad. I've never gotten the hoofprint stains out. Very appropriate. I have the one for cows, too, but I've been smart enough to not wear it working the cattle. White background, you know.

Like Julie, I love my MABCR tee and get compliments on it. I also enjoy my "S is for Sheepdog" tee that I also got at the 2007 Finals. I missed out on the "S is for Sheep". Other faves are trial tees, especially my collection of Bluegrass SDT tees (say that fast three times).

A personal favorite has a cartoon of a Border Collie raising his right paw in the witness seat, and sheep for judge and jury. It's labeled "The Trial - Border Collie Nightmare #1".

I counted and I have 15 tees with Border Collies in one form or another, plus a denim overshirt with one. My life can be seen in my tee shirts, where I've been and what I am. I should make a quilt out of all of them and label it, "My Life in Tees".

I am totally tacky and getting to the age where I don't care what anyone might think about it. My "uniform" for farm and work is jeans and a tee. I keep my Border Collie tees for "dress up". I think there's a reason why they don't let me out very often.

Man, I guess I am one tacky bum then :rolleyes: I have about 7 BC t-shirts. Three WBCR shirts, Two are event shirts, one BC ish adoption drive shirt, and one is a club shirt, but still mostly BC :D I would love to get a "talk to the paw" shirt. Where did you find it?

If it helps I did an internet search and found some. Here is one:

http://www.animalshelterstore.com/product....at=0&page=1

I think it was Jeff Foxworthy who said, "you know you're a redneck if your resume is written on your T-shirts," (or something like that). The shirts I wear daily are border collie or agility related. Before I retired, I had a few special teacher shirts for Fridays...so I guess I'm a redneck.

Barb S

I think it was Jeff Foxworthy who said, "you know you're a redneck if your resume is written on your T-shirts," (or something like that). The shirts I wear daily are border collie or agility related. Before I retired, I had a few special teacher shirts for Fridays...so I guess I'm a redneck.

Barb S

Eek! I have both job title and description on one of mine:

mike_03_sample.gif

I think Mr Woo's is the only dog t-shirt I have though.

I don't wear dog clothing for the most part, kind of like I don't wear Christmas sweaters. I don't have anything against it, per se (although I do have something against Christmas sweaters), it just really isn't me. I'd be happy to wear stuff with dogs on it if it looked cool, which usually it doesn't. I am also very small, so most dog-themed stuff doesn't fit me anyway. I cannot wear the size XL Hanes Beefy T style they usually come in, except maybe as a nightgown. I wear T-shirts most days, so if there were more cool-looking dog T-shirts that fit me, I probably would wear them.

I have a couple of shirts that are Border Collie related, one being a limited-edition MABCR girlie long-sleeved T with a Celtic knot pattern on the back that is very very cool, and another being a long-sleeved NEBCA T-shirt that I trimmed the bottom off of and slashed the neck a bit so I can wear it as a pullover. The shirts I do have, I mostly only wear to dog events.

I used to have a tiny pink T-shirt that said, "I got a dog for my boyfriend. It was a good trade" or something like that in green letters, and that was pretty cool, but it got a giant hole in one armpit so I had to trash it.

My favorite baseball hats do have dogs on them -- I have a dark grey one from Soldier Hollow last year, and a black one from MABCR with a red Border Collie on it. That said, about the only time I wear baseball hats is at dog events when I am outside all day and need to keep the sun out of my eyes. Dog events, specifically sheepdog trials, are also the only times I can wear my straw cowboy hat without looking and feeling like a total asshole. I am, however, known to be wearing cowboy boots at almost any given time.

I have just a few dog related items of clothing. Mostly because if I spend money on clothing I want it to fit me right and be of a fair quailty.

The sweatshirt I do really like is one my aunt made for me. She owns a professional embroidery machine :D. She took a 1/4 zip Eddie Bauer sweatshirt and embroidered a rough coated BC motif on the upper left chest. I would like to get one done with a smooth coated BC now.

I also have a t-shirt for a "ruff readers" program I participated in with Missy. They gave me an adult large :rolleyes: . I am not a large. I kinda felt like I was wearing a night shirt whenever I'd wear the shirt to a Ruff Reader event.

I don't wear dog clothing for the most part, kind of like I don't wear Christmas sweaters. I don't have anything against it, per se (although I do have something against Christmas sweaters), it just really isn't me.

*sigh* Christmas sweaters...I have some hideous pictures of me wearing Christmas themed clothing (only shirts, thank God) when I was younger. What, oh what, was I thinking?

And by younger, I mean I was old enough to pick out my own clothes. :rolleyes: I'm admitting this because you guys already knew I wasn't cool.

ETA: I didn't mean this to sound snobby. If you could see the pics, you'd understand. :D

OK, I'll confess. I don't wear T-shirts. Of any kind whatsoever. I don't have anything against them on other people, but, as we say in the South, they "just don't do raht" on me. But if I can find animal tank tops? I'll wear 'em. :D Back when wrap-around skirts were fashionable, I had a hand-painted one with a head study of a chow chow on it. But I only wore it to dog shows. Honest. :rolleyes:

BTW, are y'all familiar with the acronym "ADR"? I was at the vet's one day and (nosy woman that I am) saw a chart lying on the counter with "ADR" marked under "symptoms." So I asked the receptionist what it meant. Turns out it stands for "Ain't Doin' Right." :D

BTW, are y'all familiar with the acronym "ADR"? I was at the vet's one day and (nosy woman that I am) saw a chart lying on the counter with "ADR" marked under "symptoms." So I asked the receptionist what it meant. Turns out it stands for "Ain't Doin' Right." :D

See, now, I thought that actually CAME from the south. Maybe it came from the west or the mid-west. Every vet I know uses it.... lots easier to write than "general malaise", and everyone (staff-wise, I mean) knows what it means, so it's a very convenient (and descriptive) short-hand. I came from a Uni that used a lot of TLAs (three-letter acronyms) :D .... drives my bosses nuts. They knew ADR, GSW and HBC, but they had to ask me what I meant by GDV, SBI, CHF, CRF, LSA, OSA, AXR, CXR, ROM, BBD (etc etc ad infinitum) meant. Once I moved up here I had to add KBM, HBS, ABB, HBT, HBFW and BDLD (okay, I know the last two are four letters... sometimes three just aren't enough.) Plus I have a ton of little symbols and abbreviations that are evidently confusing to others. Go figure. My records probably look like Sanskrit... but I have one boss whose handwriting looks like some form of Arabic, and the other one's writing looks like a mutant hybrid of Cuneiform and finch tracks. None of us are TRYING to be mysterious and obscure, it just works out that way. :rolleyes:

But, back to T-shirts....

Still O/T ... and in Australia vets see quite a lot of FOU dogs (Fell off Ute - the ute or utility being the Australian version of a pick-up.)

Now back to T shirts - my favourite two are agility Ts from Beauty of the Beasts - one says "Dog needs Younger Handler", and the other, "Yes, I know that was my fault".

Oh no, I'm no longer going to feel the love from RDM!!! :D If I give you Lark will you love me again? :rolleyes:

Ummm HELL YEAH!

The whole :animal clothing: thing is a running joke with me and my sis, and anyone who knows me in real life knows how it gets played up. For years my sister got really awesome Christmas presents like expensive cooking knives, and I would get t-shirts with border collies on them (or tacky border collie statues, or other horribly tacky things that had something do with either border collies or sheep). It drove me mental. I dont actually care what other people wear, its just part of my shtick. I still do not personally wear animal themed clothing though, except for at certain agility events like the AAC Regionals where we all wear TDBCR shirts to brag on our rescue dogs. Because I really do not like it. I even hate the AAC t-shirts you get with your Regionals or Nationals registrations and I turn those into rags or nightwear immediately as well.

Melanie - the reason animal clothing is not cool looking is because people who wear animal clothing like animal clothing, and not cool-looking clothing. Over the years I have come to the conclusion that these are two entirely different sets of style, and mixing them doesnt work.

RDM

I don't have this one (yet), but find this one pretty cool:

114692272v7_240x240_Front_Color-Brown.jpg

She has a few other drawings that I like just as much, if not more, but only on plain white tees (don't know about you, but that's my main objection to most animal-themed clothing: that it only appears on large white tees, or sweatshirts that bunch up at the waist).

Hmmmm...just this morning I was out wearing an old 2003 Bluegrass classic t-shirt when I needed to go get the lambs up out of the pasture. I have one very sick lamb--she wants to live and I've done everything I can for her, but I just don't know if she'll make it. She went out with everyone else this morning by her own choice and under her own steam. Anyway, while I got Twist to get everyone else up, I had to carry her in. I put her in a stall, hit her with more probios and nutridrench, and tried to make her comfortable. Why am I telling you this? Well, because when I was done, I had doG knows what on my shirt, probably a little of everything I used on her, not to mention some unmentionable stuff. No biggie, just take it off, hit it with some OxyClean (or whatever that stuff's called) and put on yet another animal-themed t-shirt. Yesterday, I ripped a shirt on the fence. No big deal. After all, I didn't spend a lot on it trying to make a fashion statement, so if it's destroyed on the farm, I haven't lost a whole lot. I have shirts that were stained green by Koppertox, blood, feces, birth fluids, mud, minerals, lanolin--you name it and if you can find it on a farm, I've probably had it on a shirt! I'm lucky (I think) that I don't really worry about what anyone thinks about me or my choice of clothing. I don't cry over damaged shirts, and around here damage is inevitable. Although I might wish to be cool (temperaturewise) while I'm out doing chores, I don't really care if I look cool.... :rolleyes:

J.

Ha ha. I'm with you, Julie. I've never tried to make any fashion statements, or any other statements, with my t-shits. Actually, I'm not much into looking "fashionable" period. Partly, it's because I'm not a fan of clothes shopping. I only do it when I absolutely have to. I never do it because I enjoy it. I thought people wore t-shirts because they are comfortable and cheap and easily replaceable. And, since it is t-shirt weather nearly year round here in FL, t-shirts don't usually last long anyway.

Well, yeah, but - what do y'all do about those attractive tan lines half-way down your arms? :rolleyes: I'm already going through bronzing gel like crazy trying to get my feet the same color as my legs! :D

:D

Heh heh! Ya have a place so far out in the sticks, with no neighbors, and tan yerself in the backyard so's tan lines are no longer an issue! :D