BC Boards

A lament

I absolutely adore the holistic vet (who also does physical therapy) I have used in the past. I credit her with bringing Jill back to being able to run in open when most everyone else said it wouldn't happen. She did wonders for Boy and I'd trust her with any of my dogs. I don't even mind driving 2+ hours to see her. But now she's so popular that you can't even get an appointment for three months! That wouldn't be so bad, except that if you have an acute issue that needs care, you're kind of up the creek. I hate the thought of trying to find another holistic vet that I can trust as much as I trust Regina but it's beginning to look as if that's my only choice. Sigh. :rolleyes: Just needed to vent...

J.

I know my holistic vet has "emergency" appoinments reserved for acute cases, but the receptionist doesn't mention them unless you ask.

For example: Maggie's broken tooth suddenly got worse and when I called for an appointment they said they didn't have one for a week, but when I pressed them, with the point that the tooth needed to be seen now to stave off any developing infection/abscess, they did say I could come in and wait for an opening. Then when I asked for details found out they had an actual appointment available at 3:30pm that day specifically for emergency needs. Pretty big difference just because I asked. :rolleyes:

One of the things I love about Regina is that she is so willing to help. When I called today only to find out that there's a three-month wait (part of the problem is a vacation scheduled over the summer, which has created a bottleneck), her receptionist said she'd have Regina call me back with a recommendation of someone near me. (This isn't really an emergency per se, but something that should be seen sooner rather than later, given some other things going on.) Anyway, Regina did call me back. She gave me all sorts of great advice over the phone (did I say how much I love her?) and so I now have an action plan to follow between now and when I can see her in September. I feel a whole lot better knowing that I wasn't thinking the wrong thing regarding the course of Willow's treatment, so now I can move forward with a bit of weight lifted off my shoulders!

J.