BC Boards

Herd Dog Rescue Channel

I just wanted to share my latest project for herd dog rescue. I am helping a friend who fosters tons of herding breed and herd mix dogs. She is an absolutely wonderful person with a heart of gold for dog rescue but isnt YouTube and video savy. So I have set up a YouTube site for her that I will be maintaining and posting videos of her rescue dogs that I create. The hope is that it will provide potential adopters with a better look at the dogs to drive adoptions. Any interested adopters will be given a link to the site or a specific dog where they can view video rather than just a picture.

We began yesterday with four dogs and I have two videos created so far plus the one of Target, a pup that I housed for about 5 days and has since been adopted. Please visit our site and tell me what you think could be done to improve it and make it easier for our potential adopters to navigate.

Christina's Rescues YouTube Site

Thanks!

Ryan

Those videos are great!! I especially loved Pidge's vid! :D

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, Pidge is a BEAUTIFUL dog and quite bright. I have two more videos that I will be working on tonight and will hopefully have up no later than tomorrow. Youre gonna love this little BC terrier mix I have coming up. If I had the room in my house that little puppy would be coming home with me as she is going to make a great frisbee dog and just a WONDERFUL companion.

Then its back to more video taking for more dogs :rolleyes:

I think that is a brilliant idea! It should be very helpful to potential adopters, and the video will also give them a better idea of the dogs size, you can never tell in a photo!

On a purely graphic point of veiw however, i find the red/white/black combo a bit hard on the eyes and not as warm and inviting as I would want it to be if I were trying to get some puppies adopted. But then, I have no clue how YouTube works and what your options are, if it's anything like MySpace, then it's wonderful!! But that is of course mho and i hope there is no offence taken!

But then, I have no clue how YouTube works and what your options are, if it's anything like MySpace, then it's wonderful!! But that is of course mho and i hope there is no offence taken!

Well, there are different color schemes you can choose from but overall its quite limited on YouTube; which is its downfall. At least on MySpace you can add backgrounds. There is the option to use a photo background but it gets rather confusing on the eyes. I have thought about changing it around a bit but so far its the sharpest I have been able to come up with. I will keep fooling with it and see what I can do. I have my personal one set up the exact same way.

Nope, no offense taken. That kind of feedback is exactly what Im looking for. Its all about finding homes for these pups and whatever makes it better is what Im after. Thank you so much for the feedback.

Neat idea! Some suggestions: I think the 'Wet dog productions' intro screens take too long to go through, it might be better if you got on to the main content a little quicker.

For the background color issue- you said you can set a photograph as the background, so that'd be a .jpg or .gif file. If you have some kind of image editing software, which I assume you do to edit photos, just use it to make a 10 pixel by 10 pixel square of whatever color you'd like the background to be and upload that to YouTube.

Neat idea! Some suggestions: I think the 'Wet dog productions' intro screens take too long to go through, it might be better if you got on to the main content a little quicker.

I agree. And perhaps the b+w bc that signifies 'Wet dog productions' could be a graphic image instead of a photo. I think it may confuse prospective adopters and you may get lots of people emailing wanting to adopt *that* puppy! :rolleyes:

Aside from this, I think it is an awesome idea and you did a great job!

Ailsa

I agree. And perhaps the b+w bc that signifies 'Wet dog productions' could be a graphic image instead of a photo. I think it may confuse prospective adopters and you may get lots of people emailing wanting to adopt *that* puppy! :D

Aside from this, I think it is an awesome idea and you did a great job!

Ailsa

Im wondering if I could shorten the production intro a bit for these videos and make it look OK. That is actually a photo of my pup in the bathtub there that I cropped to make look more interesting with the verbage overlay. I do other videos and I use that intro on all of them that I produce at this point. I have used "Wet Dog" since another company stole "Sky Dog" productions years back. It used to be a pic of my last BC Skyler in mid-air catching a disc with his butt almost ahead of his face. Its a great pic!

I will think about what I can do to shorten things up in the intro a bit and see how it turns out. Its just my trademark. And NOOOOOOO, you cant adopt the puppy in the picture! You would have to have a samurai army and a band of ninjas to get through me before you could have my little Koda :rolleyes:

Well, the intro is a tad long, but I don't mind it. It gives your anticipation time to build!! :D And I love that it shows a potential adopter the focus of the dog, the 'talents' if you will, the size, playfullness, etc. I really just think you guys have done a great job! I look forward to watching the next ones! :rolleyes:

... make a 10 pixel by 10 pixel square of whatever color you'd like the background to be and upload that to YouTube.

I think that would work if YouTube has limited colour choices and an actual photo may cause seizures! Otherwise, I think you guys are going to have great success with this little page and I can't believe more people aren't doing it! You may have started a new trend in dog adoptions! :rolleyes:

julie

It used to be a pic of my last BC Skyler in mid-air catching a disc with his butt almost ahead of his face. Its a great pic!

OK, so now you have to show us *that* picture!! :rolleyes:

Here is the last of the four dogs that I had to do videos for this week. This is Sting and hes an aspiring frisbee dog :rolleyes: I spent a little more time on this one as there are people interested in him and waiting to see the video. I like the dog alot and had to do him up right :D

Ryan

I've already seen Panic's video. I'm in love with that little bugger. Great job, Ryan!

Yep, shes a wonderful little girl and happy happy happy! She would make a fantastic disc or agility dog but she needs someone with lots of energy...LOL. Christina is in love with her too.

Aw. I'll take him!

I really love how when he comes to the lady in the vid his ears go back and his tail wags faster...he's a happy boy isn't he!!!

Yes, he is a happy dog with a ton of energy and that BC focus. He is smart as a whip but no push over - then again, what BC is! If you like BCs you would love Sting. If you truly are interested just email Christina (the lady in the video) and let her know.

This has actually been a great help so far and has seemed to cause quite a stir with these videos. Well, when the news channels have a "pet of the week" it does the same thing. I hope we can truly get this going places but Christina is still picky about the homes they go to. We dont want to see them back in the shelters in 6 months.

Ryan