BC Boards

ABCA: Banned Breeders

jdarling

In this case, pehaps, 'don't throw out the baby with the bathwater' has some merit.
And yet... From where I sit, it seems to me that having a questionable person delivering the message, especially in this format, actually does lower the credibility of the message. As an outsider, unfamilliar with this girl, might see it, what message is to be learned about the BC community, as a whole, from this? I can think of several, and they're not all complimentary.

In this case, pehaps, 'don't throw out the baby with the bathwater' has some merit.

I think, in this case, the baby needs to be thrown out with the bath water, otherwise, you'll have people getting the message that ... oh this person must know what she's talking about so I'll avoid the 4 bad breeders on the video, and instead go to the breeders listed in the "links" portion of her website, or on to puppyfind.com where she finds her puppies from.

Jodi

And yet... From where I sit, it seems to me that having a questionable person delivering the message, especially in this format, actually does lower the credibility of the message. As an outsider, unfamilliar with this girl, might see it, what message is to be learned about the BC community, as a whole, from this? I can think of several, and they're not all complimentary.

Yeah, actually the initial context of this thread was to see what so-n-so is doing now, and how odd it is that she is doing this particular thing--which appears ridiculously dumb. My side note comment was to the effectiveness of the message.....so

(Don't really want to belabor this really, but can't resist at the moment)

That said, I can't agree with your two points: credible messengers do lend credibility to the message from the listener's perspective, and that provides some efficiency in deciding what to listen to--but not to merit.

Next, she is NOT speaking to the BC community but to some distant, anonymous world out there, ala YouTube--which, seems to me, is largely regarded as a wild & woolly mashup sort of thing--not an authoritative reference.

Perhaps I'm hopelessly analytical.....but i find that there are a whole heck of a lot of worthy babies out there swashing around in useless bathwater....

aka ... the general public ... which, to me, is the root of the problem.

Agreed and the general public "leading" the general public, with each holding about the same amount of information, is never a good thing.

Leave the educating to the educated, not the educating to the education. (lol I think that came out right?)