BC Boards

I need rope help

Jacko LOVES ropes. And I do mean loves. The problem is, he shreds them about as quickly as I can buy them. I wonder if there are some super duper tough ropes that might take him longer to get through? I bought him a tire biter toy today with a rope on it - I bought it around 6:45 pm and as of 7:45 pm he had already chewed the rope part of it off.

So I need either really cheap ropes that he can go through like water, or a super duper tough one that will take him a while longer to get through. Any suggestions?

We buy the thickest, fattest, longest rope 'bone' (Flossie bone?) we can find, and often tie more knots in it, if possible (make them really tight!). That way when Hoku chews through it (which he does quite quickly, we should have a chew-off with Jacko and Hoku!), he makes more smaller 'bones', and they will be around for a week or so. Our house is in constant colorful string chaos!

IMG_4952.jpg

A woman that comes to our dog park gets these great dog ropes made at her work. They last for weeks, even under the super tough dog park play. they are basically boat/sailing rope that is braided and tied in knots. Best dog toys out there, I swear....

Kitch, if you see her tell her I'd LOVE to buy from her. You can give her my email address - LauraRae at surfbest dot net.

Hoku's Mum, that cracks me up! I'd say it looks like our house, except that he spreads the strings all over the place, and when it gets too stringy he gets bored with it and just forgets about it.

And a funny - H saw the pic of Hoku and said "is that Jacko?" They look a lot alike - perhaps they were separated at birth!

I might be interested in the sailing rope bones, too! If that is a possibility, PM me, and I'm in! It's the only thing he can tear apart that lasts more then a minute. Forget any stuffed toys, history, and then the house looks like a blizzard hit it! He LOVES to tear things apart, so we try to keep something around so the couch doesn't become a target :eek: !!! So far, so good, guess we should buy stock in the rope bone company!

Kristin, Hoku and Gussy

hmmm...I don't know that she can mass produce them - it is something that she gets the guys at her work to do for her as a favor.

I was thinking that you could check out a boating supply place for the ropes. It is the heavy duty cotton ropes they use for docking.

We buy good quality 100% cotton rope by the foot from our favorite hardware store. (In our area, Home Depot and the like do not carry it.) Cotton rope is softer to your hand and the dog's mouth, but at the same time tougher and more durable. It is more expensive than nylon or other natural fibers, but MUCH cheaper than dog toys from the pet store!

--Michael