BC Boards

Electronic Fences

Naps

Does anyone know... If I do install an IF, should all 3 dogs be trained even though 2 of them do not wander? What are the training implications with multiple dogs? Also, when it's time to leave the property, do have a specific exit point?

You can call Invisible Fence and ask them or arrange for a free consultation. I trained two cats to it at once and it wasn't a problem. Personally, I would get everyone on it just for your peace of mind. The only drawback is that each collar is several hundred dollars each. :rolleyes:

When we got Jack and trained him to the IF, in the beginning we only left our property by car. When we were sure his training was sound, we would go down the driveway with him on a leash. He wouldn't cross the line at first but he learned to associate the leash with "no correction". He still walks quickly until he's safely in the cul-de-sac, but he has never crossed the line at the driveway on his own. He has never crossed the line anywhere in the yard. It's a great product!

ETA: I don't have a problem with other dogs wandering onto my property because our town strictly enforces the leash law. I did post "Beware of Dog" signs so anyone who cuts through my yard gets a heads up that there is a loose dog.

ETA: I don't have a problem with other dogs wandering onto my property because our town strictly enforces the leash law. I did post "Beware of Dog" signs so anyone who cuts through my yard gets a heads up that there is a loose dog.

You don't want to have a Beware of Dog sign on your property - that indicates that you are acknowledging that you have a problem dog, i.e. aggressive, etc. You are better to post a sign "Loose Dog on Premises".

You don't want to have a Beware of Dog sign on your property - that indicates that you are acknowledging that you have a problem dog, i.e. aggressive, etc. You are better to post a sign "Loose Dog on Premises".

Good point.

I guess I could also post more "Pet contained by Invisible Fence" signs; I have one at the entrance to my driveway. That would indicate that my dog is loose on my property.

Good point.

I guess I could also post more "Pet contained by Invisible Fence" signs; I have one at the entrance to my driveway. That would indicate that my dog is loose on my property.

I wouldn't do that either - it could lead to someone (adult or kid) decide to tease your dog and seeing if they can get the dog close enough to the line to get it zapped.