BC Boards

tracing a pedigree help...

a friend of mine has a border collie that is a show line mixed with an ABCA line, she the dogs pedigree and has been able to trace the dams side(show side mostly) and enjoyed finding out who the dogs were aside from a mere name, but she has had difficulty trying to find anything at all on the ABCA dogs. she has the names and the ABC numbers but wants to try and find something about who the dogs were, and hasnt had any luck with the BC database. I dont know if anyone will know who these dogs are, but I figered asking here is worth a shot, ya never know lol

the dogs she is looking for are:

Sweep #102299

Rickie #114443

Buckeye #52114

Cocoa #88094

Ned #32928

Lady Olivia #78932

if anyone knows anything about them at all, good or bad that I can pass on to her, that would be great :rolleyes: the only luck I have had is finding the dogs linked to show dog pedigrees lol

ABCA dogs are generally id'd in common parlance via name and owner. Exceptions are really famous dogs - Don 108889 is in so many winning peds that most serious bloodlines students know his number by heart, ##Wisp is, you know - The Wisp, Dryden Joe is known by his famous kennel name, and Wiston Cap doesn't need either numbers, or the ## in front of his, or his owner's name, to know who he is exactly.

So you want to post the owner and if possible the breeder, minimally. The complete pedigree would be even more helpful. Some of the sport and obedience kennels breed to BYB dogs that have "champion bloodlines" behind them, or are based on dogs the breeders themselves had when they first got into Border collies, that may be virtual unknown dogs, or farm bred, or commercial bred.

if anyone knows anything about them at all, good or bad that I can pass on to her, that would be great :rolleyes: the only luck I have had is finding the dogs linked to show dog pedigrees lol

I'll see what I have in my database when we get back in town next week.

Karen