BC Boards

stuffy nose and sneezing

D'Elle

I have been trying for over a week to get my vet to call me or at least tell a tech an answer so they can call me, but to no avail, so I am asking here. As I posted about previously, Jester has tick fever and valley fever, and is beaing given medication for both. For about 10 days (which is how long I have been calling my vet every other day about this) he has had a stuffed-up nose and been sneezing. I do not know if this means something else is going on or if it is part of the tick fever and/or valley fever; if he needs the medication increased or added-to, or what. Does anyone have any advice for me on this?

thanks much

D'Elle

I'm sorry your baby is sick...I don't know about either illness. I was just wondering what the heck is wrong with your vet? 10 days you have been trying to get someone to call, even if for no other reason than to ease your mind..and no one calls back? My vet calls me back within minutes whenever I have had to call there.

Is there another vet you could use? Your dog is sick and you have questions...the Vet should be answering your concerns. Period. I am so sorry you are having a tough time getting answers. That is so unfair.

Hope your baby feels better soon..and that you are able to find a vet that takes the time to return calls!

Janet

Thanks, Janet. I don't kow what to do because I just started taking Jes to this vet because the old vet did something that I felt was very unprofessional. Now this one will not return my calls or even give a five-second reply to a tech so that they can call me. All I need to know is : Yes, he should come in for a re-check. No, don't worry, that is fairly normal. Increase his doxy dosage. Whatever. Just a few words. I guess all I can do is keep trying over and over leaving messages. The only other alternative is to take him in to yet another new vet, and I don't even know of one that is recomended. Don't just want to pick one out of the phone book. I am getting very worried because he's has this stuffy nose for well over a week now. :rolleyes: