BC Boards

Does your dog ever nibble you?

Guest pax

Last night Naimh was lying down by my feet and she started to nibble my toes. I wiggled them and said, "Hey, that's me!" and she quit, but went right back again a few seconds later. I decided to roll with it and see where she went.

She nibbled ALL over my foot, just like she was grooming another dog. Nibble, nibble, nibble, never a bite. It tickled like crazy but when she decided, I guess, that my foot was now acceptable, she started on the other one.

I've NEVER had a dog do this.

Have you?

I am wondering, since she recently had puppies, if it's left over mothering on her part.

What does it mean?

We call it k-nibbling. I actually don't know why. I've had a few dogs that do this, including currently Zhi. Zhi's actually the only female I've ever had that did it.

We had a bouvier do this, and lucy has done this to me. I believe it has to do with grooming behaviour, and I think it is one of THE coolest things your dog can do- this shows that you are truly a pack member with the dog. She is special I tell you!

Are you coming to the dinner???

Julie

Oh jeez, I completely lost the thread on that. Hang on, let me go find it. Yes, but I've dropped the ball, obviously...too much going on here.

The nibble thing...it was very sweet.

All in all this dog...it was like we were made for each other.

Guest WoobiesMom

Woobie does it to his cat buddy Milo ALOT! He does it to me when I'm grooming or petting him. I think it's very sweet too. It's so heartwarming to hear that a dog you took into your household without ever meeting face to face is working out so fabulously. That's so great! :rolleyes::D :D

My Sophie does it too. Mostly to the top of my head when I lean to give her kisses....she loves to groom the cat, who seems to not just tolerate it, but welcome it, too. (She's a five monther my baby girl, btw).