BC Boards

Anal glands

Riven is attacking her bum the last few days. Im pretty sure she doesnt have worms, I am not sure how she'd get them...she doesnt eat grass or anything outside. Last year we had her anal glands done and they said they were great. Can raw diets cause them to need released more or less or??? Any ideas? She's acting like her normal squeeky toy lovin self.

I have noticed that Black Jack has been scooting his butt some the las few days. I'm pretty sure it's not worms either. But he's going to the groomers in a week so I'll let them do it. I would prefer to pass on doing it myself :rolleyes:

If I remember right as long as their poop is firm it should clean them out everytime they go anyway. So she shouldn't need them cleaned.

Guest WoobiesMom

It's so gross. Woobie can need help with them every day sometimes. :rolleyes: So much fun....... Wonder if there's something in the air because his have been troubling him the past couple days also. Hmmmmm

Guest WoobiesMom

The vet tech who showed me how to do it said use a rubber glove and a handful of cotton balls. Then the cotton can catch the stuff immediately. She said she does it in the bath with their butt right under the water where it can be washed away immediately. Or, alternatively, outside where you can bag it up and get rid of it quickly. She used powdered deodorant powder on Woobie's butt right after but it still stunk pretty bad. The things we'll do for our flippin dogs!!!