BC Boards

Cat chasing

I dont mind cats. I have one of my own. But there are also 4 stray cats that I dont like on my property because they jump in my Jeep's windows (which dont roll up), scratching the paint on the doors. They also get cat hair all over inside it. And they fight with my cat, who stays on my property. So when I see one I shoo them off with a PSSST!.

Lance knows that this means I want the cat to leave the area. And will chase them when I use it. And I let him chase them. I know he wont physically harm the cats. I find it interesting how controlled he is though. When there is a cat around he watches me waiting for me to ask him to get them outta there. And has never chased a cat without me asking him to. He thinks it's his job.. cat control. He needs more stock work lol. But at this point I think he'll always want to 'move cats' for me. He's so eager to do it that if one of the strays is around and he knows he will come to me with this serious look and if I say any word that starts with an 'S' he'll do a quick jerk towards the cat. But wont take off until I say Go Ahead, or PSSST!.

Guest LJS1993
I dont mind cats. I have one of my own. But there are also 4 stray cats that I dont like on my property because they jump in my Jeep's windows (which dont roll up), scratching the paint on the doors. They also get cat hair all over inside it. And they fight with my cat, who stays on my property. So when I see one I shoo them off with a PSSST!.

Lance knows that this means I want the cat to leave the area. And will chase them when I use it. And I let him chase them. I know he wont physically harm the cats. I find it interesting how controlled he is though. When there is a cat around he watches me waiting for me to ask him to get them outta there. And has never chased a cat without me asking him to. He thinks it's his job.. cat control. He needs more stock work lol. But at this point I think he'll always want to 'move cats' for me. He's so eager to do it that if one of the strays is around and he knows he will come to me with this serious look and if I say any word that starts with an 'S' he'll do a quick jerk towards the cat. But wont take off until I say Go Ahead, or PSSST!.

Man sounds like you have good control of his cat drive. Freckles unfortunately needs alot of work and really takes off at the site of certain cats. :rolleyes:

Yeah, sounds like very good control!

Oreo likes to chase cats on her property. However, she usually thinks they're squirrels until she gets closer. ("Oh, it's a cat. Shoot.") But she still chases them. Scared my dad's cat pretty bad a few times... she thought he was a squirrel, he thought she was going to eat him. And they lived together for 12 years. Oy. (Idiots.)

Ruger is extremely territorial. If any cats or dogs wander into the yard they are pretty much toast. Its both good and bad because he went after neighbors on both sides in his younger days. The good thing is I can stop him on a dime.

I had a tom cat take up residence in our garage a couple of weeks ago. I could have let both dogs loose on him but I put them up and got him out myself. He sprayed my daughters ball bag during his short stay. If I had known that at the time I would have let the dogs loose. The bag still stinks. Anyway, the cat showed up a couple days later when Ruger and I went outside to go on an errand. Ruger took off like a rocket. I haven't seen the cat again.

He is pretty good with our two cats for the most part. I won't let him mess with our upstairs cat. The downstairs cat, aka Puke Face, is a different story. The downstairs cat is always getting into Rugers food which may be why the cat is overweight. Just to show how stupid cats really are, the cat still has yet to figure out what "Oooooh, Rugerrrr, the cat's in your food" means. Ruger will absolutely not let the downstairs cat get near me when I am on the couch either.

Guest Freckles LaLa Mom
Man sounds like you have good control of his cat drive. Freckles unfortunately needs alot of work and really takes off at the site of certain cats. :D

ya the kind with four paws :rolleyes: