BC Boards

First Bonus Box!!

Wooohooo! :rolleyes:

There was a bonus box on our Tunnelers run last weekend. For the first time we actually got to try one! Very exciting. I love NADAC. :D

Here is a video of the run:

Tunnlers Bonus Box Run

And her Weavers and Touch N Go runs if you wanna see those too (it was just a games trial).

I hope we see more bonus boxes in upcoming trials. Right now they are so rare, but they are really fun.

*if you don't know NADAC, a bonus box is just like a super-distance-test in NADAC that they sometimes put on elite courses. A small box (about 4' x 7' or so) that the handler has to stay in for the majority of the course. They are optional, but if done successfully, you get a 15 point Q instead of 10.

Wow, you have lovely distance control. That bonus box looks like a real test of handling. It would be kind of a fun thing to try in training here. We have a class with a distance control element in it (like Gamblers, but it's part of a standard course), with a a handler exclusion zone, but it's only for 3 or 4 obstacles.

No tunnelers down here - yet - but we think we can muster enough tunnels now to maybe have it as a fun class sometime. It look like so much fun - and again, a serious test of body language.

Thanks for sharing those.

That was great to watch Kat! Perhaps I should give you Piper and you can bring her along for me. Be warned - she knocked me down in class the other day during a serpentine. It hurt.

We can't do Tunnelers ... after about 3 tunnels Tweed wants to know why there are no jumps or contacts. He thinks the Stupid Food Lady is making an error by sending him through all those tunnels.

RDM

after about 3 tunnels Tweed wants to know why there are no jumps or contacts. He thinks the Stupid Food Lady is making an error by sending him through all those tunnels.

We can hardly get through a jumpers course for the same reason. :rolleyes: Tunnelers though, Dazzle lives for it. :D

Be warned - she knocked me down in class the other day during a serpentine. It hurt.

RDM

And there was me thinking it was just me being a total klutz when I fell over Kirra the other day in a serpentine in training - luckily I saw it coming, and turned it into quite a reasonable looking circus tumble - much to the dog's surprise. :rolleyes: