BC Boards

Ok I posted pictures on my other topic!!!!!!!

'Just a thought....i name my dogs after cities in regions I particularly like.......For example, my first introduction to bc's and herding was in a town called Hailey, hence....I don't claim credit for this idea though....it was a gift from someone at the HS on the day I was about to walk out with my new bud. 'Couldn't think of the right name and a volunteer offered this up as a suggestion. I really like the idea though. Have a local map on hand....? :rolleyes:

I like the map idea. I never thought of that. I try to think of names from tv shows or movies that I like. But certin names just pop out to me sometimes too.

I like naming a dog based on his/her personality. My dog has a lot of energy and is really athletic. Thats why I named my dog Lance, after Lance Armstrong. But if he were a girl I would have named him Frenzy, lol. For some reason Frenzy sounds like a female name.

Tempe was named after Temperance Brennan from the series.

Aspen was named just because

Riot because he was so darn funny from the beginning

Foster is an acd and was named after the beer

So needless to say we come up with names from different places. I know some who names all dogs after types of beer.

you mean tempe and devils has nothing to do with ASU? I thought that was it for sure!

Oh yes back to topic, we gave Ceana a Gaelic name... hopefully in a year or so I will have a fluffy red boy name shameus lol! I don't think shameus is Gaelic... I just want a silly boy to go with that name

Sorry to tell you that no Tempe and Devils has nothing to do with ASU. 2Devils actually originated when I had the acd and another bc/mix because they were devil dogs. They could get into trouble faster then anything... until the poodle came into the house. He is the most devious dog.

I heard once that a name that has atleast two syllables is easier for a dog to learn. Something that causes inflection in your voice. Don't know if this really helps but I used it in naming my dogs. My other criteria is I like to name my dogs names that I like but that I would never bestow on a human (a name that would be made fun of). Good luck! Check out Babynames.com for some ideas.

Lol I love all your idea's on names! It is neat how everyone goes about naming their pets. I have decided to call her Bree, it means Force and Streangth in Irish, she sure is a little spit fire puppy. One of my friends also have a BC pup who is 3 weeks older then her and is WAY bigger but she plays way to rough for him so for now until she mellows Luke is her play buddy!

Tara