BC Boards

pets & hotels

i found a website that lists pet friendly hotels and motels all around the country by State. http://www.1clickpethotels.com/

Just in case anyone is interested

If you have AAA they are life savers. I have called them up at night asking for a hotel wherever I was that took pets and had a reservation within 15 minutes. While on vacation with a friend who has OnStar in her SUV we tried to use it a few times for various things like asking for directions, finding a pet friendly hotel, etc. In every case they couldn't help us but I called AAA and they always did. Those free AAA travel books also have long lists of hotels and make note of which ones are pet friendly.

There's also this site DogFriendly.com and this site has some really cool stuff on it too. Like names, groomers, dog parks, sitters, and shelters. It's DogGeek.com

I use Pets Can Stay when I am booking accomodations for trials. It's not something that you can call in the middle of the night when you're looking for somewhere to stay, but they have always found me places within 20 minutes' drive of my trial, and they can get you some good deals (such as a reduction on the pet fee, or a special dispensation on the number/size of dogs that are staying in the room). Oh, and they don't charge you anything!

Pets Can Stay

Not sure how good they are throughout North America, but I have booked with them for hotels in BC, Alberta, Washington, Oregon and California. It's not easy to find ground floor rooms that permit three (or more!) border collie sized dogs, but Scott at Pets Can Stay has never let me down. Which reminds me, I need to book a room for Saskatchewan ... hmm, better drop him a line ...

A man wrote a letter to a small hotel in a Midwest town, which he planned to visit on his vacation. He wrote, "I would very much like to bring my dog with me. He is well groomed and very well behaved. Would you be willing to permit me to keep him in my room with me at night?"

An immediate reply came from the hotel owner, who said, "I've been operating this hotel for many years. In all that time, I've never had a dog steal towels, bedclothes, silverware or pictures off the walls. I've never had to evict a dog in the middle of the night for being drunk and disorderly. And I've never had a dog run out on a hotel bill. Yes, indeed, your dog is welcome at my hotel, and if your dog will vouch for you, you're welcome to stay here, too!"