BC Boards

Herding peanuts and other goofiness

The weather here has been awful lately- we're going to float away or sink with all this rain! I've been neglecting the sheep, and poor Nick has been bored. He's demonstrated this by eating the ferry schedule I keep in the car (well, shredding it).

And trying to herd a peanut. I'm not kidding. I dropped a peanut last night, and Nick stared at it, danced around it, nudged it, danced some more... I swear if I'd tole him "come by" he would have! He finally tried to eat it, remembered he still doesn't like peanuts, and gave it to Lu-the-mutt (who will eat anything.)

But oh man, he tried to herd a nut

We promptly went aand took hay to the rams & Nick got to work them by moonlight. It was awesome, though wet and cold.

Yep, sounds like Nick's a Herding Nut, himself! Cute mental picture of him doing that.

On a semi-related note, my Jack is the best peanut finder! Someone must feed the squirrels peanuts close by, and Jack is forever finding them in our yard. He eats them, though, no herding for him.

LOL!! Poor Nick, I'm really glad you did get him out working. I'd had to see a good dog go 'nuts' :rolleyes: I've seen a similar behaviour in Cricket and Jazz but usually with a basketball

That's so funny! Lol... Pepper does that too. I got her a new plushie ball two days ago at Petco because she kept stealing my son's ..lol...and so now she herds that all the time. Hilarious!