BC Boards

Nightmare on Saddleridge St. Pt 1

We use Frontline and have never found an embedded tick on either of our dogs. We have found a few crawling on their coats, but that's it.

I also really hate the suckers. I have a scar on the back of my head from when I was a child and had a tick embedded in my scalp. My mom took me to the clinic and they cut and burned the tick out of the back of my head. It's barbaric! But the bad thing is that the scar tissue is the same size as a wood tick, so I always think I feel a tick in my hair. *shudders*

~Kelly

When I lived in No Cal we had a lot of dogs and lot of ticks. We used to have tick pulling everynight. They had no preventive back then. We would just pick the ticks off with our hands and throw them into a fire. I could pick them off keeping the heads on them but occasionally one would stay in but it never caused a problem. I had one on me one time but I just pulled it out and while it did hurt like a bee sting for a bit, it did not have any long lasting effect on me. The worst thing I found on my dogs was porcupine quills on all of their faces...nobody to help me take them all to the vet either. Now THAT was fun!