BC Boards

Border Collie Newbie!

Kayleegator,

I love those kinds of frisbees - I think they're called flying squirrels, they are heavy duty canvas and can take real beating. I have two of them about 3 -4 years old, the dogs play tug of war, they can get filthy, get wet it doesnt matter they last forever

Hi! Tex is a cutie! :D I agree with everyone else about crate training. I'm a stay-at-home Mom, so I'm rarely gone, but the Shelties and Nykie are crated when I leave, unless of course I'm taking them with me. They are, also, crated at night. They love their crates, though. Like right now, the dogs have been outside playing. Nykie came in and went to her crate. The door is open, so she can come out, but when she wants some down time, she goes in there on her own. I choose to crate our dogs until they're older, because I don't want them chewing on a cord or getting into something that could hurt them. Plus they're bed hogs! :rolleyes: Seriously, though, Koty (our Schnauzer) is the only one out 24/7, but he's 7yrs old.

I love those kinds of frisbees - I think they're called flying squirrels, they are heavy duty canvas and can take real beating. I have two of them about 3 -4 years old, the dogs play tug of war, they can get filthy, get wet it doesnt matter they last forever

Here's another example of how I'm learning from these boards! Thanks to you guys, Kaylee now has a dayglo orange 'flying squirrel', which my husband calls 'the road kill squirrel' because it's so flat. Kaylee loves to chase it, will shake it hard to break it's back, and will not bring it back to me to throw, because she wants to keep it all to herself. But she doesn't know about hot dogs yet, heheheheh....