BC Boards

Week 5 of our therapy dog class

Missy did really good. Our class on Monday night was at a hospital/rehab center. So it was a brand new place for Miss. Didn't seem to faze her a bit. She also was calm and content getting petted by 3 people she had never seen before, one of whom was in a power wheelchair.

I could tell by her overall body language and demeanur that while she was a little unsure at times, she was still within her comfort zone. She even did well on her first ever elevator ride.

I'm pretty proud of her. She started out as a unsure, "hide in the corner" girl. But is so willing to try out new challenges. And she is so happy to do it when she sees it pleases me.

That is so cool! I wish we would've been able to hold our classes in a nursing home or other health facility. I'm so glad it's going well. We are waiting for our 2nd round of therapy class to start now. I also saw marked improvement in Sarah during the first class we attended. Thanks for the update!

~Kelly