BC Boards

I have a live journal!

well mostly about my agility dogs, and my dogs doing agility, etc.. so figured I'd post here about it. ;-)

I should've started it before our two straight months of trialling! eek! oh well, maybe I'll get wicky to pose with her ADCH ribbon or something, or with the AAC Regional ribbons, which we finally got...lol.

Just popped in - that's going to be great. Hope the injured ones continue to make good progress. It's a pain (literally) isn't it. My two were out of action for part of our summer - Fergus had torn ligaments in a 3rd toe, and Kirra had sprained a first toe. Thankfully both recovered with some strapping and rest - but it freaked me out a bit.

Look forward to mre instalments - where do you find the time BTW?

Hers was just above the 'big toe' joint on her left hind leg - landing side injury - my late call. Vet put a piece of adhesive tape around the leg, just above the joint, to stop the toe from spreading out, but not keep it completely still. From memory, it was two weeks with the tape on, and no running. Then back to gradually more normal activity but no agility training for another couple of weeks. Then back to training - but no tight turns for a couple of weeks - and the foot taped for training - just for support. So all in all, six weeks - but it was an off-trial time, so it didn't get really tested for another couple of weeks after that. Touch wood, she's had no more problems.

Fergus sprained/damaged ligaments on his 3rd toe, front foot - X rayed, but no fracture. Vet tightly bouind the foot to immobilise the toe - tape, padding and then vet wrap (adhesive bandage stuff). We had to keep that on for 2 weeks - it seemed to be doing OK, but then looked a bit more sore, so I took the bandage off, which made him more comfortable and was just very conservative with him for another 4-5 weeks. No flyball training or agility in that time. He made a complete recovery too, thank goodness.

Talking with the 2 vets I was dealing with, it seems like about 6 weeks minimum restricted activity for a soft tissue injury - to try to avoid recurrence - bit like us.

Hey Wicky! How is my favourite bat-eared, tri-coloured slickie?

Too bad your back was hurt this weekend - hope you're feeling better soon. You should have seen the nasty Masters Jumpers course on Sunday. It was so tight and twisty - reminded me of another, ahem, venue.

Did you see Ace's run in the GP final? Man, it was so sweet! But not the fastest run of the day - that went to that little Pyr Shep, Luca (who I believe is Bear's mini-me ... on speed). Such fast dogs, such good handlers ... I just love going to the NW Regionals!

See you at PAC in the fall!

Sept 15-16 is an all-Masters trial, and December 14-16 is some sort of run-your-butt-off-over-15-runs kind of trial.

We didn't have a Steeplechase qualifier so we just spectated in that one. In GP, Wick found it necessary to go in the off-course tunnel (after the DW) on Saturday, so we slept in on Sunday and arrived just in time to watch the 22" finals. Lots of off-courses, I think if you came away with 5 faults or less, you qualified for the semi-finals in Scottsdale. It was a very nasty course, and an extraordinary number of handlers were falling. I feel better about my nose-breaking falls now. :rolleyes:

I don't think so. It's not listed on the Approved Trials thingie. I think that because they're having one in August (the "I'm not going to Nationals so I might as well do something that weekend" trial) and one in September, they are giving October a pass. I will check with JL and confirm.

BTW, hi Flint, Bash, Em, Max, Jackson, and Tess!