BC Boards

I have two dogs eating raw now!

I never have found a kibble that Dean has done well on. Even the one that didn't cause him to lose an alarming amount of weight left me feeding him canned pumpkin every couple of weeks. It was a real challenge trying to feed him enough to put some weight on him while having to make him skip meals because he was having digestive issues.

I had started adding some raw food to his diet to try to help him gain some weight and it was helping. After a couple of weeks of that, I used cheese as a training treat one evening and he ended up with a very upset stomach. I decided to feed him all raw for a week to get his digestion straightened out and it definitely did the trick.

He's doing so well that I'm not going to switch him back. I'm not sure if it's the grains or what, but kibble definitely didn't agree with him - he didn't seem to digest it efficiently.

Poor Dean, Holly has a delicate tummy so we had trial an error with kibble to start with. She wasn't as bad as Dean though. We now feed her a good quality lamb and rice kibble which is much better for her.

We have to be careful what treats she has too and find raw carrot to be a good one.

Anyway glad for Dean that you have a diet better suited to him now. I am a litttle put of by feeding raw so i am glad Holly has settled on the kibble. I know it is surposed to be really good for them but i am not very keen to try it. :rolleyes:

I'm hoping that after a while on raw, he will tolerate a wider variety of foods - as Speedy has on it.

I considered a grain free kibble, but I'm very comfortable with raw feeding - I actually enjoy it, so I figured I'd just go with that.