BC Boards

Cooling down hot dogs

Note to self: When trying to cool down a hot dog, cold water works best!

It has been so hot here that the only time we get outside excersise is very early in the morning or after midnight. So, tonight I take first Jackson out for a few runs after the frizbee, then I bring Skip into the mix, then Toby, then the other three. We are out there about 20min total. The A/C in the house is running but my turbo charged Jackson is panting to beat the band. So, I think well, I got that big ol tub in the master bath, I'll use that like the kiddy pool outside. I have Jackson get in the tub, plug it up and turn on the water. He goes to take a drink from the faucet and jerks his head back. Yep, I turned the hot water on! Jeeze! Thankfully it had just turned hot, so I was able to drain the tub real quick and get the cold water going! He had the weirdest look on his face when he felt the hot water. I am glad in THIS instance he can NOT speak!

That's funny. I have done that before. One time I went to fill the water bowl but the faucet was turned to warm and I didn't know it until after I filled it and gave it to him. Talk about a "dumb human" look :rolleyes:

*note taken :D*

I guess my dogs must be weird then...because if they come into the bathroom when I'm in the tub, they will drink until they are about to explode. And I like my water HOT!! They've always been that way and would prefer to drink hot/warm water than cool anytime.

I'm glad that Jackson didn't get his tongue scalded too bad. Too bad you weren't able to get a picture of it when it happened. :rolleyes:

LOL I could see that!

The girls are fine. One person expressed an interest in both, but I never heard back from them. Another sent an inquire last week, but this weekend they adopted from the humane society. So, they are still waiting! But doing just great otherwise! Thanks for asking about them!

OH Linda! Aren't your taps colour coded - ya know red is hot, blue is cold?? I can totally relate - I've done the same thing when I was filling water bowls - HMM, why is the stainless steel getting so warm to hold? :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you didn't have a 'cooked' dog :D

It's nice to hear that the girls are doing so well. You've gone above and beyond the call of duty helping them out like that! Give them all a big scruffle for me :D