BC Boards

OMG! Der Furminator!!!!

Guest WoobiesMom

Guest WoobiesMom

I finally bought a small Furminator at PetSmart to use on Woobie and my two cats. After just a few strokes on the cat there was a cloud of orange fur and a similar cloud when I stroked Woobs a few times. This thing is amazing and that's my To Do for tomorrow. It took hours of vacuuming to get rid of the white fuzzy fog off my dark carpets and I'm determined to cut down on the amount of fluff and fur in my house!

For those of you who've used this tool, what should I be careful of and is there a handy, dandy way of keeping the fur under control and disposing of it when I'm doing the brushing?

TIA!

Woobie's Mom

I just got a furminator last week. :D

One thing to be careful of is to STOP BRUSHING when all the undercoat is gone! I lent the brush to my little sister to use on her cat, and she now has quite a large bald spot on her side :rolleyes:

For those of you who've used this tool, what should I be careful of and is there a handy, dandy way of keeping the fur under control and disposing of it when I'm doing the brushing?

If you brush and furminate outside, the birds will use the shed fur to line their nests :rolleyes:

Guest WoobiesMom

Thanks for the tips. I ended up in a bathroom which would be easy to vacuum/mop up after and be a confined area. I am utterly amazed at how much undercoat came out of my dog and 2 cats!!! There's still more to come, but they all got tired and cranky. I love this tool! Woobie's rear and tail are already thinner and he looks much sleeker. Hopefully, they're all more comfy with our 90+ degree weather on its way.

Guest WoobiesMom

Woobie's fur looks to be similar in length as your Jake's and it worked great on him. But admittedly, he's not as thick as an Aussie. They have similar tails and my lord! the amount of fur that came from his tail! Holy Moly!

Guest WoobiesMom

Woobie's is much thinner than it was and does look quite dashing. He hated the tail the most, but it was driving me crazy so I won. :rolleyes:

I didn't realize how much this tool would loosen up his coat, he's now shedding everywhere! Hopefully it'll cause him to lose the heavy puppy coat much faster, but sheesh! what a mess!