BC Boards

Strangest Thing Happened

Guest LJS1993

Guest LJS1993

Man for the first time ever Freckles disobeyed a direct order. Well at least the first time she did it so flagrantly. She was going bonkers in the house with me so I decided it was time to run her. Mind you I haven't been able to do much since my knee surgery a week ago. But this was an emergency, she had to run. Well I took her across to our gated portion of the ranch, told her to sit, then cut her loose off the lead. She bolted away from me which was strange, I said "Freckles halt", calmly mind you, she turned, looked at me, and basically said "screw you" and kept going. I remained calm and said in a very Cesar Millanish voice, "Freckles come", okay kidding about the Millan part, but you get the point. She did not listen one bit. Well being pissed off at that point I walked towards her one step and noticed in a corner she was using the restroom. I backed up, sat down on an old camper shell to watch from a distance. She finished her business, saw me and ran as fast as she could next to me. Man that was very weird. The rest of the walk was great. Amazing man, real amazing.

Guest LJS1993
i find when my two dogs really have to go they don't listen at all, but as soon as they finish there business come running back to say "see, i just had to go really, really bad!"

Yes and I tell you what, it was urgent. Urgent as in barely making it after eating some apricots again.

It's difficult when you are "laid up" with knee problems and such. I know part of Ushers problems are because I don't get him out enough and when he does, he just goes wild. So I play a lot of fetch in the house and that helps some, of course he gets to go everywhere I go, but he was so bad for awhile I stopped taking him. In the last few weeks, we have really been ironing out some problems. At least yours was simple- just a potty break.

Guest LJS1993
It's difficult when you are "laid up" with knee problems and such. I know part of Ushers problems are because I don't get him out enough and when he does, he just goes wild. So I play a lot of fetch in the house and that helps some, of course he gets to go everywhere I go, but he was so bad for awhile I stopped taking him. In the last few weeks, we have really been ironing out some problems. At least yours was simple- just a potty break.

Yes thank god my fiance has been taking up the slack in terms of her exercise. My knee is to the point where I can walk her for my own rehab, unfortunately I use to run and have her sprint after me which she really loves.

Guest Freckles LaLa Mom

Hopefully I'll be switched to the day shift soon and we can play our favorite game....I run ahead of her and hide then she tears around and around the ranch looking for me :rolleyes: I'd love to do it...but no way in hell am I running arounf at 2 pm when it's 95 degrees out. The heat of day has yet to even settle.

I'd love to do it...but no way in hell am I running arounf at 2 pm when it's 95 degrees out. The heat of day has yet to even settle.

I know what you mean! I used to take Lance for a run after work (I get home around 2-3pm) but now it's only early in the morning and when it cools off a bit in the evening. And sometimes take him to play in the creek. It's up to 100 degree here and only going to keep getting hotter!

Guest LJS1993
I know what you mean! I used to take Lance for a run after work (I get home around 2-3pm) but now it's only early in the morning and when it cools off a bit in the evening. And sometimes take him to play in the creek. It's up to 100 degree here and only going to keep getting hotter!

Yes it is hard because she wants to go, go, go. Yesterday I went on a walk with her for about an hour. She was very tired because at 6pm it was still about 94 degrees out here.