BC Boards

loose minerals?

Kelpiegirl,

You might be able to get your agway to stock a sheep mineral as well. Ask specifically about RationMaker -- it's a product that is sold in lots of independent feed stores. There are probably others as well, but RationMaker is a pretty good product as generic sheep TM salt products go. Too much iron, not enough selenium, but not as bad as some.

... but RationMaker is a pretty good product as generic sheep TM salt products go. Too much iron, not enough selenium, but not as bad as some.

I just wanted to add to this. If generic sheep mineral is all you can get, then you have to go with it, as Bill notes, but if you have any long-term sheepmen in your area who happen to custom mix mineral (so that the sheep are getting what they need for the local forage environment), find them and talk to them about it. Now that I've moved, I've got a local supply of mineral custom-mixed to the specifications of a long-term sheepman here, and that's what I plan on using. (Of course I mean someone who can be trusted to know what they're doing and why, not just any old person who has sheep....)

J.