BC Boards

Jackson is awesome!

Really! I have a 18 mo. old BC here assesing him for possible placement with Dal's & Mads mom's mom. His name is Buddy. When I first got home with him, I did the intros with my crew, minus Otis. Didn't even want to go there! Well, Cheyenne couldn't care less, after all, it is another dog, (nose in air) who cares? Sammy sniffed him, decided he wasn't a threat and carried no cans of cat food, went back to his nap. Jackson, did some posturing, raised some hairs, sniffed, decided Buddy was not a grizzly bear, so he will be ok.

Now, understand, Jackson is way attached to me! So, I figure, the jealousy would soon come. Nope! Not a bit! He is willing to share his toys, his food, and me! We all slept in the bed last night, without a single quibble. They have even begun a game between them with the ball. Jackson gets on the couch, gnaws the ball a bit, then pushes it off the couch with his nose, to where Buddy is on the floor. Buddy then gnaws the ball a bit, then pushes the ball across the floor, and Jackson leaps from the couch to get it! Repeat, a gazillion times! It is too cute! It is the first time Jackson has been able to really interact with another dog! Cheyenne just snarks at him, and refuses to play anything! Otis does not play with other dogs either. So getting to watch him with Buddy is really great! Of course, Buddy is a cool dog too! He sort of let things fall into place without having an attitude! So, I am sure that helped! Oh, and last night, bedtime is about the only time Jackson will let me actually love on him. Usually it is all about the toys, no time for hugs, got things to chase mom! So, here we are, me and the two BCs, all snuggling and loving on each other, and no probs! It was a nice way to fall asleep!

I am just so happy that Jackson, while never being around another dog was able to accept Buddy as easy as he did! Good boy! And I am glad Buddy seems to be able to fit right in with a new group!

It's a good day today. I think lots of frizbee today!

A family got him as a pup, decided after a year he was not the dog for them. They knew my trainer, and she took him. Her friend took him but she has 5 BCs and 2 ACDs and the ACDs pick on him terribly, so she has to keep them sepperate. So, he is up for grabs! He has shown an interrest in stock, but no training.

His dame is Jitterbug, from Greenville SC and his sire is Hit, from Fairview NC.

It does Sheryl! Not having Jackson interract at home with another dog, made me a little nervous, but after this, it shows just what a great all-around dog he is! Now, if I can just get him to do an outrun AND bring the sheep to me! LOL