BC Boards

CKC & Border Collie

KrisK

GAH!!

In Vancouver, UBC psychology professor, dog lover, and author Stanley Coren, while admitting that judging certain breeds on conformation alone had ruined them, gets irritated when he is presented with such an exclusive view. "Dogs exist for a whole bunch of reasons," he says. "We have working dogs, service dogs, pet dogs; we can create whatever the hell we want, and we do." It is important that border collies be registered with the CKC, he says. If they're not, "their visibility drops and fewer people get to know about them and that, to me, is a sin."

Can this man be any more of a complete and utter idiot? The same man who told the world that border collies were the smartest dogs, like, ever?

I'm going out to UBC to let the air of his tires.

*grumble*

RDM

It is important that border collies be registered with the CKC, he says. If they're not, "their visibility drops and fewer people get to know about them and that, to me, is a sin."

I used to have respect for him....but this is comment has certainly changed my mind. I blows me away completely, that he can actually believe that! Good grief, with all the thousands of BCs in shelters NOW...like they need anymore exposure!! The SIN is the number of people who get a BC and then haven't got a clue what to do with it AGH!!!!!!

Maybe we need to send him the links to all the BCs in rescue or on death row and ask him if he REALLY thinks they need more people to know about them :rolleyes:

The only thing, IMO, that most people need to hear about the BC is that it is probably not the dog for them. I would love to throttle the man with that stupid jaunty scarf he wears all the time.

*waits by mailbox for sugar delivery*

RDM

I just checked the CKC site as well as the "members only" section and there isn't anything posted there right now. Of course, that just meant that the site isn't updated yet. However, they already have their May newsletter posted and nothing was included there. JMO, but I would think it would have to go to the next Board meeting to be 'official' and that meeting is in June.