BC Boards

Ahh What could have happened...yelping tucker..

Tucker05

:rolleyes: I was getting our second dog (boston terrier/corgie X) to do some tricks today before dinner time while my BC Tucker was eating. When Tucker came over after he finished eating to join in on the fun i told tucker to stay back while i played with tanker (the X). He kept persisting to i held him back by putting my hand on his chest then he backed up and feel to the ground and started SCREAMING over and over and over just non stop yelping. I quickly hugged him and kept telling him he was ok but he kept yelping. I thought he slipped and broke/injured his leg or something but I couldnt get him to calm down. He also let loose a bunch of, what i call, "Bum Juices" which really stunk up the place.

Finally after about 1min (what felt like 1 min) of yelping and just plain screaming (oh it broke my heart!) he started to calm down and he then jetted into the bed room and laid on the bed. I called him over and he didnt want to go back into the living room. So i called him again and he jet out of the living room to the backdoor. I decided to take him in the yard and play some ball to see if he was limping or anything. Nope he was fine he chased the ball like normal.

When i wanted to bring him back inside he didnt want to come in, but i persisted and he finally followed me in but quickly left the living room and jumped onto the bed. He keeps crawling around when he gets close and just looks freaked out.

Any ideas? I hope he just sleeps it off and is ok tomorrow morning, my poor boy....

He is about 14mths old and has been with me for 5mths as he was adopted by me last October. So i dont know if he has had a bad history of being beaten or something but i have wrestled with him before and pushed his chest (not HIT and push just placing hand on it and pushing back a bit) as we fought for his tennis ball. Its on tile so he doesn't feel any pressure instead just slides back and loves playing this way.

:D Thanks everyone

Wow! That's a mystery one! I can't begin to imagine what could have caused that other than he is sore there for some reason. Have you tried touching his chest again? Not pushing, just touching? I sure hope he is back to normal tomorrow.

It's a head scracher thats fer sure!

Wow! That's a mystery one! I can't begin to imagine what could have caused that other than he is sore there for some reason. Have you tried touching his chest again? Not pushing, just touching? I sure hope he is back to normal tomorrow.

It's a head scracher thats fer sure!

Yea i did he is perfectly fine....he even did his huge jumps in the air outside for the tennis ball like normal but he just is in fear right now. (hiding under our bed were he keeps his toys)

So you are sure no physical problems (after the fall) in the chest area? Have you done the pushy-backy- thingy since then (not in that place though)?

It could simply be that he fell, got a bit embarrassed/surprised/scared and now think of the place that way and will be fine in a jiffy. My Dazzle can be that way sometimes. If she falls or hits something she gets all scared-like for a while but within the next day or two is fine again.

I hope that is all it is. Just be absolutely SURE it is nothing physical - just because he can walk/run/play doesn't exactly mean there is nothing wrong. These dogs are crazy little buggers at admitting they are hurt.

So you are sure no physical problems (after the fall) in the chest area? Have you done the pushy-backy- thingy since then (not in that place though)?

It could simply be that he fell, got a bit embarrassed/surprised/scared and now think of the place that way and will be fine in a jiffy. My Dazzle can be that way sometimes. If she falls or hits something she gets all scared-like for a while but within the next day or two is fine again.

I hope that is all it is. Just be absolutely SURE it is nothing physical - just because he can walk/run/play doesn't exactly mean there is nothing wrong. These dogs are crazy little buggers at admitting they are hurt.

Yea i did that and he is perfectly fine in the bedroom he will play around and i can push him away and he will fight back for the ball, but as soon as we try to bring him back to the kitchen where it all happened he kinda looks nervous a bit.

We are giving him treats and making him sit in the area it all happened...he just started to play more and more in the area.

I gave him a big body rub all over and he just loved it (just to see if he is sore anywhere)

Man i was so worried...i would be lost to see him hurt...

Thanks everyone for the input. Looks like he is good to sleep maybe he will get to sleep on the bed tonight :rolleyes:

Is it possible he stepped on a pin or something? That would probably be a pretty big shock for a dog. My dog Jack gets a little sensitive sometimes. I think he needs a chiropractor quite honestly because I can't find anything wrong with him otherwise. I've even had him to the vet over it and they couldn't find anything wrong and didn't think he was in enough pain to warrant a full body x-ray. He'll be just fine for a while, willing to rough house with the other dogs, but there have been a couple of times where I've given him a playful shove or just insisted he go to the spot I wanted him to and he yelps like I just kicked him and I'm not ever rough with my dogs. Not quite as dramatic as what you described, but similar in circumstance.

Is it possible he stepped on a pin or something? That would probably be a pretty big shock for a dog. My dog Jack gets a little sensitive sometimes. I think he needs a chiropractor quite honestly because I can't find anything wrong with him otherwise. I've even had him to the vet over it and they couldn't find anything wrong and didn't think he was in enough pain to warrant a full body x-ray. He'll be just fine for a while, willing to rough house with the other dogs, but there have been a couple of times where I've given him a playful shove or just insisted he go to the spot I wanted him to and he yelps like I just kicked him and I'm not ever rough with my dogs. Not quite as dramatic as what you described, but similar in circumstance.

I looked around where it all happened and didnt see anything but who knows what spoked him!

Even this morning he was scared to eat from his food bowl becuase it was too close to the kichen table (just the area it happened)

Hes all excited right now after being home all day and he is chewing his rawhide which he wasn't last night. I guess everything is fine and he will be ok in a couple days

Thanks again everyone

Could it be that he twisted something when he fell back? Like a crazy bone type quick pain that goes away? Or twisted his knee/whatever? Grace is not my middle name and sometimes I bump/fall into something that really hurts for a moment then fades away quickly.

Recently, Mick bumped his knee or stepped on something coming back from doing chores. He limped over to me wanting to play, not complaining. I checked him out, found nothing and by the time I was finished looking he ran off limping no more. I think he bumped something or stepped on a thorn but I found nothing.

Just thinking out loud....

Kristen

Could it be that he twisted something when he fell back? Like a crazy bone type quick pain that goes away? Or twisted his knee/whatever? Grace is not my middle name and sometimes I bump/fall into something that really hurts for a moment then fades away quickly.

Recently, Mick bumped his knee or stepped on something coming back from doing chores. He limped over to me wanting to play, not complaining. I checked him out, found nothing and by the time I was finished looking he ran off limping no more. I think he bumped something or stepped on a thorn but I found nothing.

Just thinking out loud....

Kristen

That was what i was thinking. May have slipped on the tile when pushed him a bit and pulled something. Ah well as long as he is happy now which he is :rolleyes: