BC Boards

OT: Police Called After Puppies Fall Off Balcony

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_2077.aspx

Wth? :eek:

Police were called to a North York high rise Thursday morning after they received reports of puppies falling from a 15th floor balcony.

The superintendent at 20 Falstaff Ave. called authorities when he spotted about half a litter of pups on the ground outside the apartment and he assumed they'd been dropped from the balcony 15 storeys up.

When police arrived at the scene and located the apartment the animals were falling from they found a woman sleeping inside and authorities discovered that it wasn't a person dropping the pups. It appears the puppies' mother pushed them off or the baby dogs fell off themselves.

The female dog and her surviving pups are now in protective custody in the care of animal services.

Apparently the woman in the apartment doesn't own the dogs and now authorities have to figure out where the animals should go next.

Once again the proof of the superiority of the human "intelligence"???... hmmm, boy, thats an oxymoron!

stupid people again!!! :mad: Our species never ceases to amaze me!!! no matter where in this big world they are.

I swear, it is only stories like the new post by fooshuman, that gives me any kind of "Hope", for humankind at all...

If you haven't read the post, "I save a life", please do.. it will make you feel much better, I am still wiping happy tears from my eyes!!

I'm still in shock over this. I'm guessing the mom and pups will show up at the Toronto Humane Society soon.

I just don't understand it . . . I'm moving to a new apartment next week, it's on the 3rd floor and has a balcony and I'm so worried! How could this woman leave a whole litter of pups on a 15 story balcony?

I find it almost as surprising that a) police were called, and :rolleyes: anything was even done about it. Now I don't mean to be stupid, but if it wasn't her dog, how did the mother and pups get onto a 15th floor balcony? Am I missing something? Even if she isn't the owner, I'd think she'd be responsible if they were on her balcony? Who was feeding them?