BC Boards

O/T: Windows Movie Maker question

Hello everyone. Im making a movie for Rivens first year with us. I have put together some clips and pictures in Movie Maker. I have NEVER used this program before, so its not a great work of art lol. My question is how do I get a song I already have recorded on my computer onto the movie? I dont know if it matters but I use Windows ME. I'd really appreciate any help.

Can you believe we'll have her a year on the 17th?? LOL time flys, right? :rolleyes:

Thanks ahead of time.

Oh my gosh I finally figured it out. Now my issue is that I cant figure out how to shut the volume off the movie clips. There is one at the ocean that is nothig but wind and its really distracting. So, how do I shut volume off of the clips but still play the music... make sense? lol

Oh my gosh I finally figured it out. Now my issue is that I cant figure out how to shut the volume off the movie clips. There is one at the ocean that is nothig but wind and its really distracting. So, how do I shut volume off of the clips but still play the music... make sense? lol

Tools then to Audio Levels lets you adjust how much sound you want from your video. And you can always increase the volume of your music as well.

Tools then to Audio Levels lets you adjust how much sound you want from your video. And you can always increase the volume of your music as well.

Thank you soooo much. I got it. Ive never used this, so its been quite intresting trying to make a slide and video show lol. Yay. :rolleyes:

Well the project is done, but for some stupid reason my computer keeps giving me issues when I try to save movie. It keeps saying " an error occured wihle saving please try again". The status bar isnt even beginning to show its saved anything.

So Im begging someone can I email the project to you and let you just save it as a movie and email back? Im sorry to be such a hassle, but I really cant figure out what is going on. I've restarted, I've shut everything down I can so there is enough resources, I have enough room to save it, it just isnt. PLEASE HELP ME.

First I just want to add to the volume thing, since I went through that when I figured out how to add video clilps to the movie (I'm a slideshow guru, lol). Since you have Windows Movie Maker, I'm going to say that you probably have ArcSoft ShowBiz as well. Go to Video (where the Windows Movie Maker is on my computer), then go to ArcSoft ShowBiz (on my computer, it's listed as ArcSoft Showbiz 2), then click Showbiz. I found that when I needed to convert my videos to AVI or WMV or whatever it was (the Windows Movie Maker wasn't recognizing my video clips in their original format). Upload the video clips you want onto the Showbiz, and then play around with it. You can mute the clip and then save it, but you can also make the clips slow-mo too, and I believe you can add text and stuff to it, but I don't use that so I can't be sure. Then after you save the movie clip, upload it to the Windows Movie Maker!

You can email it to me and I'll see if it works over here. Maybe you've run out of room on your computer, but if this is your first movie, then I can't really see that happening (unless you've run out of room with a lot of other stuff, lol)

my email is wando@horsemail.com :rolleyes:

Okay, i tried opening it but I kept getting this message:

Windows Movie Maker could not convert one of the clips from the source file "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\2006-02 (Feb)\rivendell.JPG" because the time values are outside the duration of the file.

I got quite a number of them, some being pictures, others being video files. I'm not quite sure what's up with that. Sorry :rolleyes: . Maybe someone more computer-literate can tell you what it means.