BC Boards

Congrats to Tom & Pete!!!

ccnnc

I second that! I talked to Tom this afternoon, and needless to say he was very pleased with Pete's performance--he was downright effusive (and those of you who know Tom know I'm pulling legs with that statement!).

I just checked the scores for open and with three runs to go (including Craig and Celt and Roy and Sonny), and Steve McCall is sitting in second. It looks like once again some of our good friends have made a good showing at the cattle finals!

[edited to add:] It's now official, Roy Taber of Missouri is the new open cattle champion with Biscuit. Steve McCall and Jessie are the reserve champions (with Steve's Katcher in third). Way to go winners!

J.

Hey Felicity,

Great to see you here! As for the Pete pups, it didn't happen much to my great disappointment, :rolleyes: but we plan to try again in May! The first thing I said to Tom when I talked to him was "Well, I suppose the stud fee just went up!" (P.S. I now have a Pete granddaughter).

As for the Virginians, yep, we're proud of them! And our North Carolinians too!

J.

Julie -- Sorry to hear that the last breeding didn't take -- Bummer! I'm sure you've already realized, though, that the hardest part about placing Pete's next litter will be resisting the urge to keep them all!

My goofballs and I will be pushing out at Verna's again this weekend -- will we see you there or have to wait until Roy's? Ozzie had the pleasure of coming second to Pete the last time we ran there -- have to move Oz up to Open, now, just so Tom and Pete can beat us again!

Yeah, I was sorry about the breeding. Poor Kat wasn't trialed all last fall because I thought she was preggers. Then by the time I found out she wasn't, all reamaining trials were full! We finally got out at Sam's in March....

I wasn't planning on going to Verna's since I don't have a youngster to run (the youngster I have is 8 weeks and her outrun just isn't what it should be for trialing! :rolleyes: ). I have to miss Roy's too because of a working weekend (last year this same working weekend cut me out of Don McCaig's trial; this year Roy's, but I guess I should be grateful it didn't fall on the Bluegrass weekend).

I may be heading up to the Leesburg area to look at a ram, though, so may make a big ol' circle and swing by Verna's.

Are you planning to enter (or go and spectate) Seclusival? I do plan on being there. (Better go mail my entry now....).

J.

Might be able to sneak over to Stu's for a little spectating, but no chance of running there. Trialing is taking a back seat to Emily's riding schedule again this year -- probably only making it to Sunday at Roy's this time -- sigh! I finally got Emily to work with Tess the other day, though, so there may be hope for next year :rolleyes: -- Mommy-avelli!

Forgot you only had BIG dogs now, Hot Shot! Hope you can spare us "little hats" a few minutes -- sure would love to see you at Verna's!

F.

P.S. Saw Lark in the gallery -- adorable! Like a baby Beastie!