BC Boards

Canadian Finals Question

NancyO

Have a question for you Canadians out there.

Saw that the Canadian Finals are being held at Grass Creek this year.

Is there a qualifying requirement for running in the Open or Nursery Canadian Finals, besides being a member of CBCA and having your dogs CBCA registered?

Nancy O

When we have it on the west coast we run both trials as one. If your dog has been in the top half of a western Canadian trial (and you are a member of one of the western Canadian clubs) you can run any dog regardless of registry in the trial, but if you won the double lift you will only have won the Western Canadians not the Canadian Championship. Only CBCA registered dogs can win the Championship. For example, my Bob has no registration but made it in the top half of a western Canadian trial so he competed in the same trial as my Canadian Registered dog, Jed, but Bob was only up for the Western Canadian Champion. My Jed dog had placed in a western trial AND was a Canadian registered dog so he was up for both.

A side note, American dogs are welcome to compete in the Championship. It is very easy to have your dog duel registered ABCA and CABCA.

Jenny Glen

Jenn,

boy that sounds confusing, glad you could keep it straight!

One of my dogs came from canada and therefore is CBCA registered. Would need to get the other registered, he's already tatooed.

Do you know how the Nursery works? (no nursery dogs, just curious)

Nancy O

I think, but don't quote me, you can just enter the Nursery dog if it is CBCA registered - no qualifying. It's a championship, not a national so the qualifing isn't as important as the registry.

BTW, I had a pup in my last litter that looked EXACTLY like the pup you have on your posting! Right down to the white spot on the ear>

Jenny