BC Boards

Scout gives my parents a fright

Last nite when dh went to bed he missed Scout, but thought he had just gone back to bed with the kids. First mistake, Scout never goes to bed until the last sheep is in the pen (last nite the last sheep was dh)

About 3 am the phone rings, we are coherent by ring #4 when the machine picks up. No message. DH gets up to check on the phone and hears poor Scout barking. He is locked out on the screen porch!! The phone rings again, it is my dad, my mom is putting on clothes to come over and check on us. (they live next door). She is certain something terrible has happened to us, our dog has been barking for an hour and then we don't answer the phone!! My dad told dh his next step is to go to his basement and get his hunting rifle to bring over in case we are all tied up by a bad guy or something!! My poor mom couldn't sleep the rest of the nite from such a fright.

All's well that ends well. Scout was happily released to go to bed with the kids and my very tired, but forgiving parents were still able to make it to church this morning.

Dh will be checking for Scout if he is not present in the LR when the last sheep goes down. It was pretty hot last nite, and think he went out on the screen porch to cool off.