BC Boards

OT?- Australian cyclone!

Hey, are you folks in NE Australia OK? I can't believe the cyclone was downgraded from a cat 5 to a cat 4 because it was only 290 kph (180 mph)!

Haven't heard from Mandy in ages. Isn't she in Queensland?

Hi Nancy. Don't think there are any folks from FNQ (Far North Queensland) on the Boards. But like you, I'm hoping everyone up there is OK.

I think Mandie lives a long way further south - just a bit north of Brisbane, I think.

Weather is weird, isn't it. Here am I in southern Tasmania where we're enjoying a glorious late summer/early fall day - gentle breeze, brilliant sunshine, while the folks up in FNQ are having all sorts of chaos.

Hi guys. Long time no "see". We are all fine here in Brisbane. Abit windy today and we should get some rain this afternoon.

Thanks for your concern Nancy. I have my niece in Townsville and I spoke to her mum late yesterday afternoon, they were getting ready for Larry, and my niece was pretty damn scared.

Innisvale got the brunt of the cyclone and I hear from the news that up to 50% of the homes/business have major damage.

The Bureo of Met has said that this is the worse cyclone to hit Queensland in 30 years.

There is another coming up behind Larry, but is still a fair way of the coast at this stage.

Hi Barb, how are things in Tassie going?.

I have been "lurking" on the boards for awhile, all the ?ldies"seem not to come on as much.

See you later

Mandie

Hey Mandie - very nice to 'hear' you again. Glad you've been lurking. How are things going - family, work etc. Things are great down here. Seriously (well, sort of) into agility with my little Kirra girl - not so much sheep time lately, but we're getting back into it - next lesson is Thursday. Petrol prices have been too high to travel 200 k return for lessons. Fergus was supposed to mature at around 3 oe 4 - well, he's 4 now,a nd the brain still hasn't arived in the mail! But he is a bit less giddy, and he's still cute and adorable.

Back to the cyclone. Hope your niece will be OK - it's a really scary prospect. I hate even the strong winds we get down here some times of the year - and they're less than half of what's happening up there. I saw on one news site that Innisfail which took the brunt of the cyclone has a lot of older houses, so there's a lot of damage up there. Poor things.

Barb, glad to hear things are going well down there. I am sure that Fergus will get his brain in the mail anyday now. Maybe Lucy's will arrive soon too. She is still mummys little princess, still weary of strangers, still Louises little guardian and still the light of my life. She comes to the school twice a week doing her rounds with the classes and loves the kids.

Cruz is getting greyer every week, even though he is only 6 1/2 yrs old. We had a scare with a tick on him last month, and all I could think of was what happened to Bindi when she got a tick, and didn't think I could go through that again, but he is fine and back to normal. Frontline Plus is useless against ticks.

I rang my niece after my last post and she said "Aunty Mandie, you should have seen the shed fly".

Better go and get the rug-rats from school.

Take care

Mandie