BC Boards

a review

Sue in France

I would like to simply say that I appreciate all the conversation regarding the breeding of pet BC's which took place here recently. I was aware that it was a difficult and contentious issue and that I took my life into my own hands in doing so but I am so grateful to Eileen and others for allowing me the space to explore the problem I faced.

The issue was carried over by someone else to another Forum without my permission where it was not only savaged before considered but where it was clear that the forum owner holds certain prejudices which colour the "acceptable" posts therein. So I would like to thank Eileen pubicly for bearing with me, talking to me and allowing me the space to sort it all out. Thanks for the maturity and patience.

Sue

I get so disapointed when I see the owners of the most wonderful dogs in the world sink to such a low level as to call one another names, or trade insults. Surely we can listen to each others opinions, and be tolerant, even when we totally disagree. It can never benefit the cause we all feel so strongly about, by insisting that our ideas are the only ones which are correct.I don't think anyone should be wishy-washy, but that in the interest of free speech, we should respect one anothers right to express ourselves with out being treated as a lesser being.

The right of your fist ends at the tip of my nose... I think I learned that in grade nine, thirty three years ago...

If you insult me, you insult yourself...

Sue,

You were the one who posted the information in the other forum -- either that or someone who was posing as you. So how you claim it was taken there without your permission is beyond me.

Frankly, I was pretty relieved to see it get shut down there. A little less polite, perhaps, but much more to the point.

I have to say that I really enjoyed reading the different opinions..how else can people like me begin to understand the issues, unless we listen to both sides...half the time it's all greek to me, but the other half of the time really gives me things to think about...I bought my pup from a back- yard breeder who was breeding pet quality bc's, focusing on color,trying to get as many merles as he could....I totally did not understand what I was doing. I thot all BC's were just B.C.'s with all the BC quirks... By reading about the issues here,both sides, I can see I Could have gone another route...

but I sure am glad to have Sophie...she is perfect for me.She'll never be in all the big trials, and I can't boast about her wonderful breeding line...( and I highly suspect her dad has a good quantity of Basque Shepherd in him.)..but she's smart,fun,has a wonderful temperment and loves me!!