BC Boards

Thank you.

A big thank you to Becca and Patrick for hosting the Jack Knox clinic this weekend. I thought the clinic was wonderful (Jack is always full of knowledge), the hosts were great, and the company was delightful.

I learned a lot and I think the dogs did too!!!! Thanks again for hosting such a wonderful clinic and pass along my thanks to Jack again if you talk to him soon.

Many thanks to the chauffer and clipboard goddesses - Rachel and Laura - a great job as usual! Not to mention helping get the ewe in the trailer. :rolleyes: It was great having everyone and can't wait for the next pupper day (hint, hint).

Glad you all had a great time at the clinic. My friend Skip and I are hosting a Jack Knox clinic on March 30, 31 and April 1st in Leonardtown, MD. It is a small town, you can look up California, MD if you want to see where it is.

We have taken over this date from Bob Vannoy of Leesburg, VA who recently moved to Missouri. We are novice clinic holders so you'll need to be patient with us!

If you would like more info or an entry form please email me at osci@aol.com. Puppies welcome! Mine will all be there.

Julie - where are your pictures?

How did the afternoon go yesterday after I left?

I got my good points for the day...I helped a crazy lady in sweats and slippers go get some gas after we pushed her car off the side of the road...she was a little out there too. At one point I thought she was going to light me on fire and that was her plan all along...she had to grab her cigs/lighter before she could leave her car. Nothing happened so I felt good that I helped someone out!!!

I just got home and want to extend a big, fat (considering all the good food, that's very appropriate) thanks to Rebecca and Patrick for hosting an excellent clinic, complete with good weather (well, except for the wind, but that was tolerable).

Jack Knox was excellent, as usual, and very helpful (not to mention humorous), the field and round pen were next to perfect, and the sheep were very good (did I mention the copious and yummy food?).

Folks were at the clinic from as far away as Michigan and New York, as well as North Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia. We all enjoyed the quiet setting and great fields for dog walks during lunch break (did I say anything about how good the food was?) as well as morning and evening.

I haven't had a better or more instructional time at a clinic and want to thank all who helped put it on, but expecially Becca and Patrick. Now I really need that diet...

You're back! I did hear you leave this morning. I'm glad you made it back before the weather got nasty. It started raining right after I dropped Jack off at RDU.

Thanks to Sue for some marvelous chili and all the help - cleaning up is not my forte but things get disorganzied very quickly without that part being done. We finished the chili at lunch, sitting on the porch watching the surprise lamb that was born this morning!

To everyone, it's the people and dogs that really make a clinic. Jack was highly pleased with everyone's progress this time.

Tina, I'm passing your clinic information on to a few people who asked for it at the clinic. I knew it was happening but not where and how to get in touch. Thanks! I'll be smack dab in the middle of lambing so I'll have to miss that one myself. :rolleyes:

That is too bad, Rebecca, we'd love to have you join us. I fear the atmosphere will not be as great as yours sounds! I know the food won't be!

I should have sent some forms with Albert, sorry. Please do pass the info along to anyone interested.

I have already heard from a few people from this list. We are going to limit this one to 18 dogs for our first one. How many did you run each day?

We ran right around twenty dogs and it wasn't too long even the first day. We quit well before dark the second day and were done about 4:00 the last day. I think next time I would pare that back to maybe 17 dogs and start later - but I wanted to fit in the puppers. :D

I fear the atmosphere will not be as great as yours sounds! I know the food won't be!
It's dogs and people and a great instructor that "makes" the clinic - food and atmosphere (other than making sure things run smoothly enough not to distract from the proceedings) are secondary.

The lesson I learned this time: Make sure I have time to participate myself. I was a bit disorganized this time since I pushed a lot of preparations to the last minute (like sorting sheep) and had a couple other things going on at the same time. I regret now being too distracted much of the clinic, to relax and give my full attention to Jack myself. I didn't even hear his wrap-up or see the last six dogs or so run. :D Don't let that happen! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice Rebecca. We are limiting it to 18 dogs. My fear is the last minute people I may have to turn down.

Thanks for the advice. I will pass it along to Skip and we can come up with a plan to get sheep sorted and waiting for the next sheep change. That always seems to be a challenge.

I am sorry you can't come. I actually held my ram out until Nov so I was sure I wouldn't lamb during the clinic. The hubby would not like to be left home alone with lambs popping out!