BC Boards

White Post, Virginia Trial: April 22nd...

The Bluegrass Classic Sheepdog Trial, scheduled for April 22nd has hit a scheduling snag. We need to postpone it, and will hopefully have a new date (or dates, might try for a 2 day trial)soon.

Thanks to all for your patience, and we all look forward to this wonderful opportunity to run dogs at Mrs. Conrad's beautiful farm.

Let me know if there's anything I can do. I'll be more mobile by then since you will be moving it forward. Are you going to Bob's clinic?

Yep! And I am glad to have it moved up a bit too. Just not sure when...

We will be GLAD to call on you for help getting this one off the ground. I think it'll be very nostalgic for us all, and certainly memorable.

Yep! Going to Bob's too, but I have to skip out to deliver a talk at the VA/NC 4H Leader's Conference at Smith Mountain lake on Saturday, but Sue R. is taking on Jane for me for that day (so you get to listen to her as I understand a bunch of you are sharing a room.) (Not Sue, Jane...just to clarify...ha ha).

Hey Debbie.... at least you weren't moving the trial to the left!!!

"will hopefully have a new date (or dates, might try for a 2 day trial"

That would be GREAT if y'all can do it... it's a long haul from here for a one day trial...

and, please check with me before you set a date... don't want a schedule conflict with my wife's agility matches (hee, hee....)

Colin

We'll just feed Jane all kinds of bad sugary treats and then say, "Gee, I don't know why she's acting up today! What a crazy mama's girl!" :rolleyes: Then I won't feel so bad when I stupid out with Ann - I've slacked off doing my "homework" while we move and she will most certainly be a hellion puppy.

Will you have nursery if you go to two days? I'd love to run Ann if you go to a later date [she says optimistically assuming Ann will be at that level :D ].

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by juliepoudrier:

That's a shame VBCA had to put the trial the same weekend as Dr. Ben's. I would have liked to try Ethel's field.

J.

It really is a shame. This conflict may lower the attendance to Ethel's trial as most handlers who have supported Dr. Ben for so many years will continue to do so (plus the other bonus is that he has payback, even in the lower classes). I really was looking forward to running on Ethel's field as well.

Bottom-line, we wanted to have the trial. It's Ethel's trial and she felt like the summer months (June and beyond) are too hot, anything else conflicted with either other trials and having the help we needed to have the trial at all, including the sheep needed, and you just know it's going to conflict with something. As it stands, Ethel will fill her trial, Dr. Ben will fill his, and we all get to chose which one is important to us. That weekend, no one should end up missing out on being able to trial. Look on the bright side.