BC Boards

Trial question

Do you know how much they charge just to watch?

I guess I could offer to do a comedy act and enter myself and my dog. We could both wear clown suits. Neither one of us is any good at anything but clowning around.

And, if you were taking a visitor, what day would you think would be the best?

There has been no charge to observe in the past, I have been the last couple of years and have enjoyed watching the runs, even though I don't trial myself (don't even have a border collie at present). It seems to be a very good trial, but this comes from a guy who knows little about trialing, maybe that will change in the future.

You will need to bring lawn chairs. You can do some viewing from your vehicle in inclement weather if there are not too many vehicles parked in the way. At that time of the year shade is not something you will necessarily need. There are some trees in a fence row, but I'm not sure how the viewing will be from that area. I think I can find an email address for the hosts which can probably give you more detail. I will look for it. They have always had someone providing food that can be purchased. Not sure whether it is a commercial concern or some type of charitable group or club.

Mary, (or whoever else may be concerned)

Here is the way to find more information about upcoming trials. Go to bordercollie.org, then click on enter site, then click USBCHA, then click upcoming trials and then just scroll down to the date of the trial if you know it. You will be able to get the contact information that way. I probably should not be giving out someone's email without their permission, but you can find what you are looking for by following the above directions. In the past I have contacted various hosts about their trials and received nothing but their complete cooperation to my questions.