BC Boards

Puppy chow vs. Adult food

Puppy_Love

If he likes the adult food, then feed it. There's no real reason to feed puppy food and many folks don't bother. I have yet to raise a pup on anything other than adult food--and they have all turned out just fine. It's best not to encourage rapid growth in a pup, because it can lead to health issues later.

If you do a search (see search link at upper right), you'll find all sorts of discussions on food and feeding. Use search terms like "puppy" and "feed" and you'll find plenty of information.

J.

Puppy_Love - I think you'll find that Science Diet is not a preferred food for members on this list. I've read the ingredients and feel it's made of cheap components that aren't a very good source of nutrition for dogs. There are many alternatives that are made from higher-quality ingredients (animal protein sources, less allergenic sources, etc.) on the market today. A search will reveal many of those that are made from quality ingredients and that folks have had very good success feeding.

Best wishes!

Do a search on some of our nutrition discussions and you'll find a wealth of info.

Here's another link:

http://www.dogaware.com/dogfeeding.html

I feed my dogs raw and a variety of kibbles - Evo, Nature's Variety, Eagle Pack, Nature's balance, Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul,

Canidae, there are a few others, but I stay away from Science Diet and most (not all) Purina products